Lumps at entrance of vagina, what is it?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive had these lumps around the entrence of my vagina for about 2 1/2 weeks. They dont burn or itch and i noticed them right after i had sex. I have had a uncomforable feeling in my vagina like maybe a start of a infection but thats the only symptom. ive been doing sitz baths and every time i pee i apply diluted vinegar to the area and it still hasnt cleared. does anyone know what this could be? im going to schedule a apointment soon. I only had one reply on another forum that said it looked like bartholin cysts but i dont think it is based on the pics

heres my pic - https://m.imgur.com/yzbPKjx

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

before i even try and offer advice, what type of 'diluted vinegar ' are you referring to ?

• Posted

Those lumps are normal, I have them, they are the remains of the hymen. However, they look swollen, enlarged and reddened. It could be an allergic reaction - did you use lube, spermiside or condoms when you had sex? Have you changed your laundry powder / liquid / conditioner? It could also be a yeast infection which can cause redness and inflammation and there isn't always discharge. I would not use diluted vinegar (I assume you mean cider vinegar) - I did that to try to get rid of persistent thrush and caused severe burning which caused vulvodynia that took me 1.5 years to get rid of. It is best not to use home treatments, especially if you don't know the cause. If you have an irritation or allergic reaction, for example, the vinegar would make it worse. You need to get tested for a yeast infection and if it is not that you need to identify the cause of the inflammation and stop that. If you remove the irritant, the inflammation should go down in time. Do not use soap or body wash or even feminine wash on that area. These things are the wrong Ph or contain irritants such as SLS or fragrance, even feminine washes that are supposed to be designed for use on that area. Only pure water should be used on the vulva.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.