Lumps in abdomen area

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. So I've been back and forward to the docs a few times over the past 6mths about this. It started in November. I took a kick to the left rib area and went to A&E a few days later where the doc said I had a spring rib. I didn't agree with him because I can remember a few weeks before this it felt uncomfortable in that area. Anyway he made me feel it and it felt like lumpy muscles to me. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I've still got the uncomfortable feeling under my ribs and it's now a pain which is spreading to my left shoulder blade. Today I felt the lumpiness in my abdomen (it's sort of under the left rib but a bit further down and more to the side) again. I doesn't feel spongy, it feels hard. Like I have to press and run my fingers down my skin to feel the lumps. And they feel exactly like they did when I had an apparent sprung rib. Ive been trying to feel the opposite side to see if I have lumps there and I think I do but nowhere near as prominent. I've been to the urgent care center today for some antibiotics for a cyst (don't squeeze cysts by the way lol) and I asked the doc if she would feel it. She said there could be a lump there as there was "fullness" there and to go to my docs on Monday. I suffer from anxiety a bit so I'm an absolute wreck now and have self-diagnosed allsorts. Any ideas what it could be

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Oh and I've started feeling sick too quite a bit. No weight loss but I can't seem to lose weight and I'm overweight sad

• Posted

Have you had the area of pain scanned?
    • Posted

Nope as the doc has fobbed me off with allsorts. I'm away back tomorrow though. They're gonna have to sort this out cos I can't carry on with the worry like this

• Posted

I'm gonna. I've had abdominal ultrasounds within past 6mths but they were for ovaries so I don't think it went that high

• Posted

Endoscopies are used to identify hiatus hernias, ulcers, gastritis, celiac  and h pylori.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.