Lumps outside anus for some time

Posted , 1 user is following.

So I've had what feels like four soft lumps outside my anus for a year and a half. They feel like soft small grapes. I sit a lot and don’t exercise but am not overweight. Age 34 and male. I’ve tried to treat them as hemorrhoids, but their year-long duration worries me.

I use extra strength hemorrhoid cream EVERY DAY, drink lots of water and eat Cheerios. Have tried prunes here and there, but my bowels aren’t painful. No blood recently. There’s consistent itching to where I need to shower after EVERY BM. Sometimes they go away temporarily when I feel for them, but after a BM they come back. In 2014 I went to the doctor (no lumps at that time) when I first saw bright blood on the toilet paper — he did a finger exam and didn’t find anything. Concluded I may have wiped too hard. No visits since then as I've thought it to be hemorrhoids, but they're not going away.

I do smoke (trying hard to stop because of all this) and I assume I have HPV because I have tiny warts on my hand and a small one on my forehead. Long history of cancer in family. No insurance and stuck in a pandemic. What should I do?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.