Lumpy!

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had my right submandibular gland excised two weeks ago. The wound has healed perfectly, but there is still apparently a lump around the site of the wound. I keep asking my wife if the lump is getting smaller, but I am not convinced that it is. I keep thinking that the lump is another tumour, perhaps similar to the one found in the gland that was removed, thankfully non malignant called Kuttner tumour. Should I wait to have a follow up appointment or make a nuisance of myself and contact the consultant myself? Is it usual for the area around the wound to be so lumpy? It feels quite hard and like the original gland that was removed...

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Nick,

I had my same gland removed 2 weeks ago and my wound is healing nicely but I also have hardness under the incision. It runs the whole way up the 3 inch incision. My surgeon says it's normal. How did things pan out for you, since you posted this 9 months ago?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.