Lumpy breasts

Posted , 5 users are following.

Do breasts feel lumpy especially underneath? I'm 54 and can feel lots of soft lumps and bumps. They feel like ridges and are mobile.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Karen, I have got many breast issues recently and I can tell you that these are normal and its called fibrocystic breasts ie lumpy breast. Besides at your age lots of hormonal changes happens and you will get tender breast. However, its good to do a regular check up to see how its going inside. 

Best Regards XX

• Posted

Hello my breasts feel like this but it is worth getting checked out . I did and was all clear. Just in case x
  • Posted

I have hard lumps breasts it's like I have two big lumps that cover each breasts, I've had this since I was 12, everyone Is different and breast come in all sizes shapes/textures! Totally normal

• Posted

have lumpy breasts, after my sister found a lump and had it removed as it was cancerous i have been extra carefull,she was 40 when she found it, im 52,  i couldnt tell if i was just lumpy or not, i did however have a lump in my right underarm, went for the scan and got the all clear, the underarm lump however, keeps reappearingfor weeks or monthes at a time, when i lift my arm over the back of my head it goes, but if i feel with my arm down its there, it dose move around and dosent feel solid (pebble like) as drs insist i put my arm around my head on looking for it they cant find it, not mentioned this now for 2 years so im sure its nothing serious, but its just as well to get checked out 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.