Lumpy Stool

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey all smile

So quick question. We have all experienced lumpy stool symptomatic of constipation. However, has anyone ever experienced stool that starts out lumpy on one end and then, as part of the same stool, becomes normal and smooth?

Can a single piece of stool start out looking lumpy from constipation but then after a 2-3 cm, look perfectly normal?

I have been experiencing this more frequently. My doctor has me on Mirilax and an increased fiber diet.

Cheers!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I’d say the lumpy stool would be what your body naturally processed and dropped to be expelled then as you took the Miralax and more water entered the colon became more  hydrated/normal per say.  Does this make sense?
    • Posted

That does make sense, yes. The whole thing seemed strange because I have had lumpy/hard stools before but never a single piece of stool that was lumpy/hard on one end and seemingly normal on the other lol. Oh well smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.