lunch meal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I'm a 16 years old student

I have  a problem whit my lunch meal, after I get home I feel a bit tired but when i eat lunch I feel too heavy and I have to sleep for several hours(between 2-6) 

so I can't study very well!

I've decided to eat salads instead of rich food but i don't know which type of salad is better?!

could you help me please?!

also I interested in your advices about Nutrition. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Salad is great but you also need protein to sustain you. Try lean meats, low fat cheese, hummus, beans, and a few nuts with your salad. Peanut butter that is not loaded with sugar is also good. Any type of green salad is good but be careful with the dressing. It would be great if you just add olive oil and lemon juice and avoid the dressings full of chemicals and sugar and bad fats. 
    • Posted

Hi - I thought your reply here was very informative. I have M.E./CFS and wondered if you had any suggestions for what to eat throughout the day to maintain energy levels. I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables and have proteins like chicken and cheese but still feel like there is something lacking in my diet. I always feel my body is craving something but not sure what I'm missing out.

• Posted

I usually have almonds with breakfast but could try and some different types during the day as snacks. Thanks for the reply!
  • Posted

Hi, there...

You can try having nuts and fruit with some yogurt, salads with tuna or chicken and some butter fried veggies such as zucchini, cauliflower, and broccoli. These veggies and most green veggies is filling and gives some energy :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.