lung biopsy.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a lung biopsy last week, apparently Doctors don't do this procedure, the local butcher does them.   The Butcher gave me some anesthetic, then jabbed my lung - I screamed, he jabbed my lung again - I screamed again, he made another jab and I screamed again, so he said 'hmmm, I'd better give you some more anesthetic'.   I get the results next week.   If your Doc wants you to have a lung biopsy, tell him to go jump.   They won't be doing that to me again.  

The dopey nurses couldn't understand why I couldn't lie on my stomach with hands above my head for the procedure, when I told the nurse I had RA, she said 'what's that?'   Doctors prefer you to have a highish BSL around 8 or 9 when you undergo a procedure, that way they don't have to worry about you taking a hypo.   So, for this procedure I left home with a BSL of 9.9, an hour later it was 13.9 so I asked for some insulin - nope.   Another hour passed and my BSL was 15.9 so again I asked for insulin - nope.   another hour later the nurse took my BSL and it was16.5, 'oooh, thats high' he said and walked off, still no insulin.   A little later I needed to go to the toilet (high BSLs will do that to you), the head nurse told me I couldn't, I had to stay still for a few hours after the biopsy so I told her to P off and went anyway.   When I came out she chastised me and told me not to be so rude.   She then took my BP, temp, oxy level and BSL again, this time my BSL was 18 and she said 'is your diabetes always out of control like this',   'only in hospitals' I said.   She gave me a filthy look and asked what I meant by that, I then explained I had asked for insulin three times, all to no avail.   She stormed off and another nurse came by a little while later with insulin, coffee and a sandwich.   When she came around next I advised her that as well as diabetes and RA I also suffered from GOM Syndrome, 'what's that' she said, 'Grumpy Old Man Syndrome' said I, she nearly fell on the floor with that and so we parted on friendly terms.   Normally when I visit the hospital it's an overnighter due to my diabetes and I control my insulin requirements myself, this time as it was only a day procedure I gave my insulin to the nurse on admittance - no more!   Some of the nonsense nurses come out with in regards to diabetes is astounding:   one told me I should only eat white bread, another told me if my BSL was 10 or below before a meal I wouldn't need any insulin.  

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Two lobes removed, right superior and middle, 2/3 of the right lung.   Second growth the Surgeon found turned out to be benign so I lost the middle lobe for zip.   Better to be safe than sorry though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.