Lung scars / TB suspected in medical for visa app

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good day! 

I would like to get some information for those who had been on the same situation.

I have worked in 3 companies previously here in Abu dhabi and now found a new job, And for the visa ofcourse we need to pass the medical, in my 3 previous company I have never had any problems but this time I am really depressed as I found myself nowhere. I did my medical and came back after 3 days for the result but the nurse told me i need to do the blood test again and nothing to worry as they just need to check it again for screening (they did not tell me anything else but to comeback the next day for the result) after that day I came back hoping that there is no problem but then again the nurse told me that I need to do a sputum test and come back again the next day. I did what I was informed, i came the next morning and the nurse said the test was fine but I need to wait for 42 days. Now I am confused as of why it will take that much time? Is there anyone who had gone through this? Will I be deported after 42 days? Or will it be fine after 42 days? What are the possibilities? Please someone help me ease my mind. Thank you!!!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Honestly not sure what you should do! The doctors don't acknowledge any of this parasite activity.... They act like you are crazy and dismiss you. I think it is an epidemic in the US. There have been Parisites in 3rd world countries for a long time. Many there are infested, I think with the US accepting refugees from all over the world it has now spread here. Sad so many here can't get help from Doctors... prayers for you!

• Posted

Hi, I don't think that he is concerned about parasites, sounds more like TB like he says in his question?  Thanks Susan 

• Posted

Hi.  I used to be a Registered Nurse (don't know what they're called now).  I had a positive TB test many years ago and was sent for chest x-rays which showed a scar.  Then the "fun" started! 

I had to go every 3 months for x-rays,  breathing tests etc., luckily the Respirologist decided after a few years that all these tests were a huge waste of mine and his time!  I wasn't coughing, nothing had changed at all so he discharged me from his care provided that I see the Dr immediately if I noticed any changes! 

We were wondering if that when I started Nrsg. School we were vaccinated and that caused the positive reaction the 10/20 yrs. later?   I'm not to have the TB skin test again especially after my last reaction.

So they may be checking everything out to make sure that you don't have active TB?  Lately we've been hearing that TB seems to be making a bit of a come back! 

Hopefully all goes well for you, must be pretty nerve wracking for you, waiting for results often is through worst part!  

Good luck  Susan 

• Posted

They have done the blood tests and it obviously shows up abnormal results!!! 

The Sputum test is where they do a culture test and see what grows from it that is why it will take up to 6 weeks for results!!! In the past year I have had so many blood tests and the results come back different all the time I have also had scrapping done on lesions and results all come back normal!!! But I know that I have some sought of parasitic invasion going on in my body but all test still come back normal!!! So for the time been relax and know you are in good hands as there are so many people out there suffering like me getting no results except for that we are delusional:-((( You didn't say if you have any other symptoms of anything going on with your body??? Plz keep in touch but I'm sure you will be fine:-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.