lung transplant

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi all although ive known for a couple of years that i have copd. it was,nt until december last year i had confirmed after having a spirimetry test that i was very severe stage with fev1 18%. i was back seeing consultant on monday and my fev1 is still the same but he has told me that i will need lung transplant. although they dont do transplants up here but they do initial tests here anyone any information on this.

tam

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

sorry i dont know of any info on lung transplants have you tried googling it

• Posted

Hi tam I only know what I have heard about this.  You need to be at very severe stage to even be considered for a lung transplant.  You need to be fit enough to stand the operation too.   I don't know what they do for the initial tests but if you pass them they will put you forward.  x
  • Posted

I don't have any actual information but I do know a lady who has had a lung transplant. She is very fit and well 10 years on. I would think she is in her 50s now. I wish you the very best of luck with your operation.
    • Posted

thanks im a bit away from operation yet as have loads tests get done then have be accepted it tests go okay

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.