lung X ray ok but Dr still thinks I have copd

Posted , 10 users are following.

I went to doctor with bad breathing problems ad he sent me for an xray as he thinks I have copd but my lungs were clear. He still thinks I have it and now have to see respiratory nurse. Has anyone else got it who also had clear X ray. I'm confused.

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

In the early stages of COPD there may be no indication from an X ray or CT scan t that you have COPD.  The is why a berathing test measuring the ratio between max lung capacity and amount of air you can expire in one second is used.  I believe it sometimes called the FEV sub1 test.
  • Posted

Having clear lungs just means you don't have a lung infection.

People diagnosed with COPD can also have clear lungs.

If your doctor suspects you have COPD then further tests will need to be carried out, as mentioned a CT scan will reveal any lung damage.

This post is over a year old, so I hope by now you have a better understanding.

Happy New Year one and all.

• Posted

Well I dont know if my Lungs are clear, but I cant breathe or do too much, without becoming breathless.

I have been trying everything, but am not getting any better, and have all the sprays, and nothing works.

I am at my wits end too Panda.

I have no quality of life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.