Lungs burning

Posted , 7 users are following.

Is it normal to feel like your lungs are burning with a stomach ulcer or acid reflux? Tonight I felt like like my lungs were on fire for nearly an hour then it moved to my back and then felt like burning became a band around back to front through rib cage. Anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

yes its heartburn and reflux im getting this a lot at moment are you taking anything for this IM on PPi meds but dont seem to help much ive got an appintment in JANUARY AT HOSPITAL , i freel like a dragon breathing flames im trying to eat very plain foods like fish veg and drink decaf tea and water no coffee or fizzy drinks of spices

• Posted

probably best to leave out decaf tea as well. Maybe try the Acid Wathcer Diet. There us a fb page that gives good support

• Posted

I have been very sensitive to meds so currently all I take is sucralfate. I tried pepcid and it did not help. Took omeprazole and suffered severe side effects so had to stop. Those two drugs weren.t even taken to address acid reflux or gerd, it was for stomach burn for what doc thought was an ulcer. Then I switched to zantac 150 and that is when I started getting the lung burning 😦 On day 4 of taking zantac the burn started shortly after taking it. I have stopped taking it but the burn returned. I am completely lost on what to do.

• Posted

im feeling that way to meds not working as they should so dont know what to do i will be glad when ive seen consultant at hospital

• Posted

yes, what tests have you had done. You could have LPR. Which with the result of combination of reflux and pepsin get into your respiratory system.

• Posted

No tests.

I have been very sensitive to meds so currently all I take is sucralfate. I tried pepcid and it did not help. Took omeprazole and suffered severe side effects so had to stop. Those two drugs weren.t even taken to address acid reflux or gerd, it was for stomach burn for what doc thought was an ulcer. Then I switched to zantac 150 and that is when I started getting the lung burning 😦 On day 4 of taking zantac the burn started shortly after taking it. I have stopped taking it but the burn returned. I am completely lost on what to do.

• Posted

Hi Norma, i also got acid in my lungs from acid overflow quite a few times now. i even ended up with pneumonia in hospital once. it burns very badly and its painful. will be a good idea to consult with a doc.

• Posted

I have discomfort when I breath, have Oesophagitis, hh, stomach ulcers, on PPI and ranitidine. That said I'm on other treatments and have other conditions that can inflame my lungs. I get costocondritis from time to time, too.

Best to mention new symptoms to your doctor.

• Posted

Sarah...please dont carry on suffering these symptoms ...any longer...you.need to.go.see your GP....soon has possible...explainhow you are suffering....and ask if she canget your hospital.appointment brought forward.....so this problem canbe fully checked...before it gets worse....i.feel sure she will.agree to.this...and help you....if you leave it..you will.be suffering..and it could get worse....a stitch in time saves nine..........you have a right to.treatment if you.are in pain...and unwell....so.do.not feel you are a nuisence....if it is causing you concern...then you need to.be seen by your Dr...and she will arrange what....is requiredto.help.you

...... I read some one else adviced this also...please do.it soon!!....i feel.sure you will.recieve the help you.need...andi.hope you.will. Start to.feel better soon....if in Doubt.....check it out.....always the best thing to.do....

l

• Posted

Anyone has white tongue and chronic sore throat

• Posted

It can be part of the GERD/reflux. Best to avoid things like strong mouthwash and acidy foods. You might be able to get something from the doctor to help.

• Posted

Hallo Sarah..reading your mail...and my heart goes out to you!!...that is one symptom...that must be very hard to.deal with....i myself...suffer from hiatus hernia..and have done so.for a lot of years... Like you i.have also.recently started with a burning problem..but mine is my throat and mouth....caused be cause for wellover a year..i was not able to.get my Medication.Zantac..150,s....any where i.live.....west Yorkshire....even the Dr tried and could not..get it....so just had to.take the 75mg....Zantac...you buy over the counter..which did not work...and i was allergic to.all the pump inhibitors ...on the market.....took Gaviscon. Advance too....but that was not a solution either.....so ended up.with severe burning mouth Syndrome...a sore stomach....and having to.watch every thing i.eat....other wise i really suffer....it must be really terrible for you.with burning inyour lungs.... Do.go.back.to.your Dr....andgive him a go.....do.make him.know how bad you are feeling... and in pain...please dont allow him to.dismiss it...you deserve to.be seen and taken care of...and if he cannot do.that... Then tell.him.you have found your symptoms too painful...to.deal with....and you must get to.see someone...tell him.you will.go.to.A and E...and ask.for their help....because you can not put up.with the discomfort longer...i.feel sure he will refer you...so.you can get help......please dont feel bad...about having to.do.that......your need is great!!...you are unwell....and have a right to.be seen by some one who.can deal with it..... You are not a pest!!...just a lady who.is not well...and who.needs help.and treatment.....please...do not hesitate to. get the help you need.......acid in our vital organs..can cause havoc.... The sooner you see someone....the quicker you can get treated... So please go..i.feel sure that any one reading your mail.. Will advice the same.... Has myself...one lady already did......so please do.go....neither of us would want you to.get worse....just 2 weeks ago...i.managed by a miracle to.get my Zantac tablets back.....but rather slow in working having been off them fir such a long time.....butif they dont.....will definately take more advice......

Take care.....Shirley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.