Lungs, heart, diaphgram, all of the above or...

Posted , 7 users are following.

Years ago, a doctor diagnosed me with COPD without putting a stethescope to my chest.  I had no symptoms.  It was simply because I smoked.  Well, 20 years has passed, and, I still smoke, and I get short of breath, and there are heart and circulatory concerns.  (Entire 1st degree family had these problems, without smoking).

For the past three days I've had sudden, remarkable chest and throat tightness. I wasn't feeling well, so I had stayed in my nightclothes.  This afternoon, I discovered I had my heavy top clothing on backwards.  Yes, folks, I am that sensitive, and, what a relief to turn them around and feel an immediate lightening of pressure.  It is good to laugh. 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

So funny lol
    • Posted

Yup.  Even funnier than getting stinking badges, and that lot, for coming to the website simply because one isn't yet dead.  Now, cake, I'd take.
  • Posted

Was that meant to read 'cake' ... or 'coke' ??
  • Posted

Agreed !  As a hardened smoker of many years standing, I never thought I'd ever say that.... but tis true.
  • Posted

Sounds like your physician tried to scare you into throwing away the cigarettes. I did not take to heart my doctor's advice either and now years later found what the tobacco habit can do. Those who are diagnosed with breathing problems of whatever origin need to know that anything that is toxic put into the lungs will most likely cause much harm

Everyone is different, so those with the disease of emphysema can expect to suffer differently, surely not survive.

• Posted

Sorry, but smoking kills. I smoked for 50 years and am now paying the penalty. The sooner you stop the better. Believe me, I know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.