Lupron - advice or tips?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been having pain that I thought was IUD related. Had a phone consult yesterday with the NP who inserted it. Well last night I could hardly sleep bc of the pain and that’s with Tylenol 4. So I called and asked to see my surgeon and he got me in today.

He suspects the endo is starting to grow back based on my symptoms and pain level. We just did excision in December but I’m stage four so he’s not surprised. Now he wants to do Lupron. I agreed because I can’t live like this and don’t want a hysterectomy at 25.

Anyways, any advice or words of encouragement are welcome. I’m pretty upset that my endo is back in like two months and just stressing in general

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Lizanne, i'm answering not because i have info or good cheer, but to bring your post back to the fore. There are women on here who use or have used Lupron; it wasn't invented in my day.

Here's the thing: if your only options are hysterectomy -- which you don't want -- and Lupron, isn't it clear that you live in worsening agony or you try Lupron? Endo sucks; it sucks more for women who've got it as bad as you have. It most likely will get worse. There are no sweet pills here, for which i am very sorry.

There are women who like Lupron & women who don't. This is a horrible spot to be in, and i am sorry for every woman & girl in it.

If no one responds soon, go look through old posts in this forum for mention of Lupron.

I so wish I had something cheerful to tell you.

• Posted

Finished Lupron back in May. 6 months of shots. I hope you have made it through your treatment. I really just had to fight through the back pain and hot flashes the most. Lost some hair. Did you go through with it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.