Lupus suffere

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i am about to fill out the pip forms i suffer from lupus, asthma, under active thyroid , migraines and depression do i tell them about all my ailments or 1 at a time thanx

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You must list all ailments you suffer from and how they each affect you in detail. If you leave details out, it will be denied as they do anyway, but you can appeal - Whatever you do - don't give up that's what the DWP you to do, try and get cases closed quicker.

You cannot add ailments after your initial claim because they will be ignored by the DWP.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Good luck with that, if your currently on the old DLA then I wouldn't bother applying for pip, I am a 35 yo male with Lupus SLE, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, Raynauds and now I'm ill with stress caused by pip telling me that I'm not disabled and stopping all my benefits and here I am awaiting my court date because I have to prove that lupus is a disability. I advise you to hold on to your DLA as long as possible - I haven't taken my tablets for two months and I'm wasting away until my court date - PIP are useless I don't think it's worth the stress in the long run.
  • Posted

Thank you Les and Max, i havent ever applied for dla and i take it that its hard to get pip . I was advised by my doctor to apply for pip as i have had to change my job as i cant cope with standing as long as i had to thanks for your replys 
  • Posted

Hi, I dont have Lupus, I have MS. I have recently been for PIP interveiw and awarded high rate on anongoing basis. illneses dont qualify for pip, the problems they cause is what scores you points. so tell al the diffuculties you have. ie.. help to get washed/dressed/get a meal, if you have bad days and good, the bad days have to be more than 50% of the time, as for mobilty, no more than lenght of two busses. good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Jordan, thank you for your reply i sent my forms back by 24th of april and today 28th of april i received a letter asking me to go to an assessment on the 12th of may. Some people are saying that it takes weeks and eeks so do you think this is good news aor bad news that they want to see me sooo quick?

• Posted

I agree you must list all your ailments, but they said to me (i have MS) its not the condition, its how it affects you. I think it is more important to think of ALL the problems your conditions cause.
  • Posted

sorry, didn,t answer your question, mine was only two weeks wait, and mine was good, I dont think you should be worried about the speed, it just depends where you live. Mine was in derbyshire.  good luck
  • Posted

Hi guys i have been awarded standard pip for 2 years thanks for all your help and comments good luck guys

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.