Lupus sufferer in incredible pain following tkr

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello I have Lupus Sle.

up untill my TKR my Lupus and arthritis pain was well controlled.

since the TKR I am in the worst pain I could ever beleave possible.

i have a severe flare up of arthritis in places never had it before, and the pain is severe.

iam really worried.

the worst pain is in both hips, and the right side of my bottom cheek.

also gave arthritis in back, wrists,fingers,feet,ancles.

never had before in these places or severity of pain.

what can I do ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alison

Just a thought have you checked that you haven't got sciatica the symptoms you describe are common with it .

• Posted

Thanks johnny,

yes thought the same, but had sciatica before and it's nothing like that, but 

thanks.

• Posted

Get back to your rheumy asap. The stress of the operation has probably triggered a flare and your medication probably needs adjusting. 

The bum pain could be piriformis syndrome - ask about physiotherapy. The hip pain could be associated with piriformis syndrome - but it could also be trochanteric bursitis. Either way you need your rheumy in on this.

• Posted

I have the pain in my buttocks and various other places. I have fibromyalgia, it may be worth mentioning the pain to your rhumy. Hope you feel better soon
  • Posted

I think you'll find that until your walked no settles down and the change in your gait, settles everything is out of kilter! I'm in the same boat!

• Posted

Thank you Gaby21

hope your right, life's pretty tuff at the moment.

my husband has Alzheimer's and Iam his only carer.

wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.