Lyme disease ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been poorly for around three years now after coming back from Barcalona. The first signs of illness was on the plane back home, where i felt extreamly nausous and just generally unwell. This ended up continuing in to the night , i developed stomach pain aswell and any movement would make me feel extreamly ill. i ended up going to a and e, they tested my urine and said i had a kidney infection but i cannot recall them giving me any antibiotics, only anti nausea medication. it died down so i went home, a week or two after i noticed a strange rash on my stomach that was round and red but lighter in the middle. I went to my doctor and she did not seem interseted and gave me some cream, the rash eventually went away. i have not been right since , i started having on and off nausea, general unwell feeling and fatigue this went on for some time so i had a upper endoscopy that should slight gastritis and the doctor prescribed me omeprozole and said this will make me better , i showed no improvment and began to get constant nausea . I progressivly felt more ill and started fainting and vomiting in warm environments when i have never fainted before in my life. The symptoms seem to have changed over the time , i developed joint pains , muscle aches that feel deep, muscles hurt to touch , light headedness , headaches, upper abdominal pain , rib pin and tenderness , shoulder blade pain-mainly in the right but can be left also, upper back pain, shooting pains , tingly strange sensation in arms, chest discomfort, fatigue and sudden weakness in which its hard to do any thing.

i have had mutiple tests that do not show anything wrong with me. i feel that i went on holiday healthy and came back poorly 😦

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Request lyme test through gp. This is perfectly reasonable (rash plus symptoms).

Then if those tests come back negative (high false negative rate), request private test through either german or american labs. This combined should give you a starting base.

With these sorts of symptoms doctors should always start at lyme and then work outwards. Unfortunately it seems to work the opposite.

• Posted

went to gp today and she does not think it is that and she wont order a test.

• Posted

Definitely get a Lyme test and check for CIRS.

• Posted

Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome, it is a multi symptom, multi system illness, also known as Biotoxin Illness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.