Lyme Disease

Posted , 7 users are following.

Can someone with Lyme Disease look completely fine on the outside, but in the inside, their brain is what's being affected...Or some other part...They may look fine on the outside but the disease is working full force on the inside

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

In my experience yes. I've withdrawn from so many friends and family members, because they continue to say how well I look, so don't understand why I feel so ill. However, I do have days more recently, where I'm looking gaunt, but that is because I am on 600-1200mg of antibiotics a day

• Posted

Hi Danny,

I've just finished a 3 month course of 3 antibiotics. The reason is to kill off the lymes parasites that were detected.

• Posted

Yes, absolutely. I'm sick of being told 'You look well though', when I feel like sh*t. The reason I may look well is because I've cut out all sugar, wheat and dairy from the diet, but the Lyme symptoms (pain around the eyes, head and left side of body/heart) continue, and the search for relief continues. Very much relate to Richard's comments above.

• Posted

Definitely. Lyme affects everyone differently. For me it causes a lot of mental fatigue (forgetfulness, brain fog, etc) but you would never know anything was happening from the outside.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.