Lyme - neurotoxin - does anyone else have these symptoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI I have had Lyme disease which I'm hoping was cured by 3 weeks of doxycycline. The problem is i still have numbness and pain in my feet and hands and a very strange symptom of pain under my thumb nails. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this (the thumbnail) and also any advice on when these pains may be expected to go? My blood test and CSF was clear of the bacteria.  I also unfortanatelyt had a drug reaction to the doxy and still have a red rash on my hands and feet. it would be nice to hear from anyone who also had this thanks !!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It takes the body several mos. to reboot. It is not unusal to still feel unwell after treatment.   Sadly, it takes times.  You will feel better. but not overnight. 
    • Posted

Thank you Tickfighter, thats what i was worried about. I just feel so weird with this fingernail pain - it seems to get worse in the evening for some bizarre reason along with pain in the hands and feet. I also have a tightening in my calves which is also strange - again would be great to hear if anyone else gets this.
  • Posted

Hi loyd. Can you please tell me how you got diagnosed 

I've had the nhs  test but negative but I'm told the standard NHS test is no good 

Regards 

• Posted

Hi Terry

Diagnosis was done by the bullseye rash. The blood test came back negative but apparently this is common especially as i had started antibiotics. Unfortunately i waited 4 weeks after being bitten before seeing the GP .

• Posted

Hi loyd

I had bulls eye rash but the doctor ignored me after a negative result I have muscle twitching now and all sorts of wierd feelings and terrible brain fog. What antibiotics are you on doxycilan 

• Posted

from what i know the bullseye rash is the diagnosis and the blood test is very unreliable.  NICE guidelines (if you are in the UK) says you should be put on doxycycline straight away.  
  • Posted

Where do you live loyd  yes I'm in uk

I've gained some doxy from a website I might just start taking it  but my wife questioned if what I've received is genuine??  I had the rash back in oct last year 

• Posted

Can you give us the timeline / treatment / more details? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.