Lyme or what?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if i have lyme or fibro like my Gp thinks.

My symptoms are:

Muscle pain everywhere mainly upper back and hips are but it can be in any muscle, muscle twitching and buzzing which is not so bad now as when it started last year in Nov.

Im not sure what to believe...i found some ticks on my dog that my friend removed safely when we went on holiday to scotland last year in may but i did not get any bulls eye marks on my body. And all this sumptoms started in august after i had a dental treatment done and the next day it started with headaches, fatigue neck and back pain but atm the headaches are gone 99% sometimes i get them and the fatigue it is gone and the muscle pain improved but not much and im left with it and the twitches.

I would like to hear some opinions smile xxx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Did you have amalgam filling removed. You may have had mercury poisoning. If you had root canal treatment it could be from that.
    • Posted

No, it was a white filling. But i have an amalgam crown in my mouth for a long time... I dont know what yo believe if its lyme or fibromyalgia?
  • Posted

Hi Bibi1292

I also have the aches and muscle pain that migrates it's way to different places, often it's the upper or lower back and hips. It seems to linger a few days in one spot then moves to another. The twitching is awful, I get that a lot, almost like mini electric shocks that come and cause a sudden jerking or twitch in different limbs and muscles, it goes on through the night and wakes me often. 

If it's any any help, I was diagnosed with ME/CFS two years ago, been through a terrible time as I have been so ill, bedbound for months at a time at my worst, but a few weeks ago I decided to fork out and have blood test done in Germany (shipped blood to Germany from UK) to once and for all rule out Lymes disease. Well, results came back this week and it was positive. So I'd advise you to get checked and do it with a reptuable source if you are still in doubt. Good luck to you. 

• Posted

Where did you get your test done in germany? And what treatment are you taking?
    • Posted

Hi. I used a well respected lab/clinic in Germany,. I cannot state the exact name on here. Google it. I am not on treatment, yet, so I only got my results back this week. I made an appointment at a Lyme clinic here in UK in Hemel Hempstead.
    • Posted

Hi, can I ask why you made the decision to have your blood tested in Germany? Have you had any previous tests for Lymes in the uk? I'm currently waiting to see my gp to see if I should be tested for it.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 4 months ago but after seeing rashes and random scarring appear I'm having doubts, and as two years ago I had a rash that was possibly caused by a tick bite. Only back then I thought Lymes was only a US thing....

• Posted

Hi. I used the German lab as I'd researched the lab in Southampton in the UK and find the reliability for a correct result is exceedingly low. The most reliable labs I believe from my research are Germany & USA. I too was diagnosed with, CFS & Fibromyalgia, I have been ill for just over 2 years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.