lymecycline 408mg anyone?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I've been advised to start lymecycline 408mg for 6 months for my rosacea.

Has anyone had good results?

Side effects?

I'm a bit nervous to start taking them :-(

I'm never well on antibiotics

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katie

I took these and had fantastic results quickly. Literally within a week I noticed a difference. I took them as prescribed for around 6 weeks and then one a day for a few more weeks and then stopped.

While on them I had a complete diet overhaul ramping up my green veg and oily fish intake, drinking filtered water and took a probiotic.

I also took stock and made a huge effort to calm down about the situation. I learnt to meditate and breath through my anxiety which the rosacea caused. I was an emotional wreck, some days I wouldn't leave the house, I missed friend's weddings and was generally a shadow of my former self.

I used gentle organic or preservative free face care and moved to mineral make up.

I honestly think the antibiotics gave me the kickstart that my skin needed to recover and my change of diet and mind set did the rest.

While I still have a bit of a flush to my face on most days it is so minor I don't notice it after living with a face so red I wouldn't leave the house and was emotionally destroyed. I'm happy to live with that rather than stay on medication.

I hope they work for you

• Posted

Hi katie i was on lymecycline for 6 months did not help me but it may help you. I would try it it wont hurt you and if it works then good if not try something else dont be afraid . Regards Pete
  • Posted

Hello. I've just been prescribed this today. Did you decide to take it and did you get results? Thank you.

• Posted

Hi Vanessa, I was on Lymecycline for 6 months did not do to much for me, but it may help you we are all different try it if they work good if not its on to something else good luck.

Regards Peter

• Posted

Thank you. Fingers crossed.

It's just getting worse and has even spread to my eyelids which is causing quite a bit of discomfort. I was only diagnosed on Monday. The doctors are not very forthcoming with information regarding lifestyle changes I should make. I only found out that Rosacea is incurable and I needed to avoid certain triggers such as caffeine, alcohol etc, when I got home and read about it. I'll just continue doing my own research I suppose.

Thank you again and any advice is much appreciated.

• Posted

Hi Vanessa,

Dont get down it is hard im a guy and ive struggled quite a few times going through a good spell just now 2 weeks face red but not too bad on Roaccatune seem to be helping. 

Regards Pete

• Posted

Hi Peter

Thank you. I hope you good spell continues :-)

Kind regards

Vanessa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.