lymecycline / bloating?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello is any one experiencing major bloating on these pills? Also do you think they are better than minocyline?

All comments welcome, thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

​=12.0ptLymecycline is used to treat acne and prevent or treat certain types of bacterial infections. It works by inhibiting the growth of certain types of bacteria. Nausea (feeling sick), abdominal pain, diarrhoea, headache are the side effects generally found with this medicines. If you are suffering with bloating, you should consult with your doctor. Doctor may change your medicines or reduce the dose of the same medicine. Minocycline and Lymecycline are similarly effective for inflammatory acne. There is recent evidence that Lymecycline is somewhat more effective than Minocycline 100/50 mg was superior for the treatment of inflammatory acne when compared to Lymecycline 300 mg and Minocycline 50 mg. So it’s completely depends on which treatment you are looking.
  • Posted

Hi DizzyDebs

Can you tell me more about lymecycline or minocyline? Do you know of any other natural alter native treatment that works? Need your help, please. 

• Posted

Hi DD!

I would to like to know more about these remedies.. Particularily for the inflammotory acne? 

• Posted

I have tried lymecycline and tetracycline. The lymecycline I have had for a long time but I finished 6months of it and thought that was that, my skin cleared up and all was good. But, obviously two or so weeks later I broke out so the doctor gave me tetracycline two daily but that didn't work. So now I'm back on lymecycline and have a one daily dose of 408mg and I dont think its working. I never had any side effects to both medicen and I think that lymecycline is generally great. But you can't stop. I suggest a long treatment of it, obviously if you have bad reactions to it then dont take it anymore. I've had acne since being as young as 11 and I have to be honest there has been really bad times when I couldn't walk out the house witj make up, but now I can because I know that its okay to do it. Let me know if I can help with anything.
    • Posted

Hi all,

Update: Try applying vix to the affected area. I can say it does work well! Most have said it has cleared up their acne. Also it doesnt allow skin to leak oil! Its one to try smile

• Posted

hi,

i have also been on these fir about a month and noticed more bloating while on them!

did you carry on on them?

i would like to hear how you dealt with the bloating as i was starting to worry it was just me.. thanks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.