Lymecycline capsules , hard

Posted , 4 users are following.

After a flare up that's lasted about 6 months I've been given all sorts of antibiotics again now my doctor has given me lymecycline capsules to try again I've had them before but made it worse unsure as to try them again anyone had them and did they work or even help thanks for looking 🙂

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Iv been on these for about six weeks now - they haven't stopped the flare ups but have made the swellings smaller if that makes sense. There are less painful ones too just pea size ones now but he did say I will need to take them for 12 months at least to see affect so we will see.

• Posted

Yeah that's what the doc said maybe I didn't give them a chance the first tym round lol I can only hope they do even that to mine at the moment I've got 2 in my groin area either side and they are about the size of a golf ball if not larger and extremely painful so fingers crossed this works or does something at least every little helps with this horrible disease 🙂

• Posted

I know it's awful mine were like that I could hardly walk it was driving me mad. It's the depression that comes with it too I find.

As much as they're not good for you one bit sunbeds do help me as well. Think they dry the skin out.

• Posted

Yeah the depression makes them so much worse I've got an2 year old to look after as well so it's a lot harder when you can't walk for the pain guess I'm kinda lucky I've got a sister and older son that helps loads sun beds ain't a thing for me tried that years ago and gave myself some other crazy skin condition that they still don't know what that is here's hoping for some kinda cure soon for us all 🙂

• Posted

I've been taking Humira for three months and it has worked miracles for my HS.

• Posted

Are you not finding the cons more than the pros ? My doc did say that they far out way and benefits so I am so unsure as I think I lead the way with my doc as to what to do with it as she is still learning about it along with me after 25 years of it and only knowing what it is for the last 4 years 🙂

• Posted

I'm on my second lot of those hard to say if they help but until I see a dermatologist they're all I have 

• Posted

Yeah I am the same now having to wait to see a dermatologist who knows about hs seen 1 already and they didn't have a clue about it so that's why I've decided to try these again here's hoping for some kinda cute soon 🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.