Lymes disease

Posted , 11 users are following.

Does any one have any thoughts on the recent radio 4 item that said it is now thought that a huge percentage of people diagnosed with me/cfs probably have Lymes disease instead?

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry then. The program was only on the week before last and it was news to ME that 'some experts think 9 out 10 people diagnosed with me/cfs actually have Lyme disease instead'. (I listened again.) I simply thought it was worth a discussion and if it benefited even 1 person it was worth it. It has certainly never been suggested to me as a possibility or a test worth having.
    • Posted

hi chrissy. of course this IS news ''worthy''. thank u for bringing attention to it. it's just my occasional moments of cynicism getting the better of me. i shall ''listen again'' literally. i wonder where they pull the stats from? apparently, according to some schools of thought, that it's possible to have been bitten by a tick without being aware of it. so it's possible that the stats (9 out of 10) could be right.

best wishes

Caitlin

• Posted

That's ok, you're so right to be cynical. I wasn't assuming it was hard fact or the answer to all our prayers or anything like that but it made me prick up my ears and I wondered what people thought that's all. I'm not new to me/cfs (about 10 years) but I AM new on here so I apologise if I'm a bit old hat to others of you. I DID take time to read lots of current threads before I ventured any comment of my own but there are LOADS of them and I didn't actually find anything around this. Probably there is if I keep going long enough ..... 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.