Lymes disease a second time but much worse

Posted , 3 users are following.

So about 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with lymes disease again, and this time it is far worse than last. The doctor said he has only seen it this bad in a handful of people. Anyways I thought I was having liver dysfunction or something of the sorts, so I had an ultrasound done and they said all of my organs that they saw looked good. Anyways about a month ago I started waking up with shaking and that led to having shaky hands which I had never had before. My legs and arms have also been falling asleep way more frequently than they had ever been. When I drank alcohol about a month ago I felt as if I was being prodded with a stick internally. Also I have began having hearing problems, and can't seem to hear as much as I could, and ears have kinda been hurting, popping, and ringing frequently (although i can still hear and it doesnt seem deafining)and this started about a week ago (am going to ent the third). I started taking doxycycline about 4 days ago and the doctor said if it didn't go well I would have to get intravenous antibiotics. To conclude does anybody know if lymes is causing these odd symptoms and will they get better with the antibiotics? The shaky hands drive me crazy and the hearing problems do as well. I am a 19 year old male about 155 lbs and drink about a gallon of water a day and have been staying away from garbage foods to the best of my ability thanks for reading this paragraph if you made it to the end!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

How were you diagnosed? Based on symptoms or blood work? Yes, Lyme can cause all those problems. The main problem is the inflammatory response set off by the body to deal with the bacteria. My residual problems are my ears. Ringing, popping. The noise sensitivity has reduced greatly. Thank God. My sleep is still a bit off, but improving. My head always feels full though.
    • Posted

I was diagnosed via blood work yeah I have had noise sensitivity as well, and my sinuses have been clogged for dang near 3 months I was thinking this could be affecting my hearing from the research I have done online but I am unsure. Thanks for the reply much appreciated
    • Posted

How long have you been on the doxy?

It can take several mos. after completing abx to start feeling normal or more normal.

• Posted

started doxy roughly 4.5 days ago I know it hasn't been long enough to notice much I am just worried symptoms won't go away

• Posted

Give the doxy time. Then be patient with yourself. You body will need to reset once the doxy is done. You basically kill everything with the doxy. Not just lyme. Plus, it will take mos. for the inflammation to subside. Take a break from worry. Commit to let yourself heal and understand that it can take several mos. No sense to make yourself sick worrying. Lyme doesn't resolve quickly if you had it for a while. We know that so why keep obsessing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.