Lymes or not?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a very long story but I can fit it all in here. I've been sick for 18 months and it all came out of nowhere. It started with tinnitus in my left ear, hot flashes, out of it feelings, brain fog et, then got racing heart and after palpitations, not long after, breathing issues that lasted about 7-8 months. I've been better with some of this stuff and I'm sure when I had high anxiety from all of this, it made everything worse, but it's definitely not the cause. I've had every test und the sun and everything has been normal. Brain mri, normal. A did have a Lyme test, Elisa, one year ago that came back neg. I gave up at that point until I started seeing a naturopath who specializes in lymes disease, she strongly suspected it. She had do an IFA and western volt and explained to me that I have lymes disease even though company and CDC says negative. Here are my results. IFA 80

igm mostly negative IND on bands 31, 39 n 41

igg mostly neg. IND on bands 31 n 39 positive on 41 and 58. My naturopath says the bacteria is positive for Lyme and I do have the unexplained symptoms, ruling everything else out..lupus, ms, thyroid etc which I've been tested more than once have all been normal. Anyone think its lymes or keep searching? Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Some lyme doctors say IND is positive as it's showing a very faint band. 31, 39 and 41 are specific to borrelia so i have read. Where is your doctor based and what treatment has she advised? 

I live in the Middle East and we have no docs here that know about Lyme. I have been eating garlic as I read it helps kill lyme and i feel awful. I have hyperthyroidism and only got my positive lyme test back a few weeks ago so I haven't got a clue where to turn. 

After 6 years being chronically ill I seem to be allergic to most antibiotics, perfumes,  creams and various other things so i dont know what to do. My daughter picked up mrsa in her nose and started getting boils all over her body. Unfortunately she has passedIit to me and I'm allergic to antibiotics. Can't even be in a room with an open tube of topical bactroban or fuscidin let alone put it on my skin so I'm trying out putting manuka honey on the sores.

lyme is hidious. Last year itook clindamycin and ended up with high porphyrins and awful symptoms. Go with treatment from your doctor - she must be good to even suggest the test. My doctors in UK wouldn'teven entertain the possibility of lyme so Ii got myself tested.

good luck

• Posted

Hi, yes she is my naturopath and is very literate about lymes disease. My 1st test from my MD came back negative, so when I found her she really strongly still thought its lymes and had me test more sensitive tests and these are my results. I live in the United States, we do have some LLMDs here, but still searching. I talk to my Naturopath today to see what my next step will be. Either. I will go with the LLMD and get some help or stick with my naturopath and do everything natural. I agree, this lymes is taking a toll and so many weird symptoms and it's very debilitating. I pray for you too! 
    • Posted

Have you read the articles on Perry Fields the athlete who overcame lyme with natural stuff. I have looked at some of the lyme doctors in USA but don't know who to trust. Lots say antibiotics don'twork well on chronic lyme and II'm allergic to most antibiotics so idont know what to do next. 

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it was to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

No I haven't, I will check it out. My naturopath is recommending an LLMD for some antibiotics and then she will give me herbal support at the same time to balance it out. I agree, it's very hard to know who to trust. I want to do all natural, but then I want to start feeling better now right away. The links you sent were removed, but it says you can send them private message.
    • Posted

No I haven't, I will check it out. My naturopath is recommending an LLMD for some antibiotics and then she will give me herbal support at the same time to balance it out. I agree, it's very hard to know who to trust. I want to do all natural, but then I want to start feeling better now right away. The links you sent were removed, but it says you can send them private message.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.