Lymph nodes.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, I am looking for a bit of advise really, and not sure where else to post. I know none of you are doctors but would appreciate it very much if someone with a bit of knowledge on the subject could shed abitnof light on this. First of all about 6 months ago I noticed a bean-ish sized lump on my neck at the top edge near the corner of my jaw just underneath. It it not painful. A little tender when pressed not overly hard and not overly soft, and can be pushed side to side quite easily. It has not grown in this time which I know of. I ignored it thinking its just a cyst but last night when feeling if it was still their I noticed another 2 on my neck, and 2 above my collar bone these to are all mobile, painless but sore when pressed. And all pea/bean sized. Now im unsure how long ive had these other lumps im pretty sure there my lymph nodes. I think i have one in my armpit low down but not entirely sure. I may have had them as long as the first but never looked for them or noticed them. I'm 23 years old. And have been googling (which I know is a very bad idea) but says Hodgkins, non Hodgkin. Which is worrying me very much now I'm am trying to get into see my go but its prooving quite difficult. I am also suffering with constant tiredness that does not go away at all. I still carry on with daily life but find it hard with the tiredness. I have had a blood test in Feb and that was normal. Other medical history these past couple of month various aches and pains lower back, legs shoulders. Not all the time but some days on and off. I am particularly worried a about Hodgkins as it states there's a peak of people between the age of 20-25 to get it, I know lymph nodes can swell up due to an infection or something but as far as I know I don't have one., is a prospect that I can move them and there mobile a positive thing? I'm just a little concerned why these been there so long. It's just worrying me and could do with some advise really. thank you very much in advance.☺☺☺

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, An update.. my bloods were normal as I expected. Doctor didn't want to refer me for a biopsy as what if more lymph nodes pop up later down the line, they can't keep referring me. I'm just so fed up and exhausted. He said my tiredness could be due to a lack of vitamins. I've seen 3 different doctors now and I'm not getting anywhere. I'm just feeling constantly rubbish. I keep getting aches and pains like hips chest shoulders and headaches frontal. I'm not sure if that's even related though. I'm a booking another appointment and not resting until its sorted. The doctors have all mentioned that my lymph nodes aren't overly big the largest been about small marble sized and said they'd be considerably bigger and would have grown more over 6 months if it was Lymphoma ???? Any ideas.

Thanks all Emma.

• Posted

Hi. I'm not convinced that the lymph nodes would have got bigger over time if it was lymphoma, mine didn't, just more appeared. My bloods were normal too. I think, if it was me, I would take myself off to accident and emergency at the nearest hospital, not tell them about visits to GP and present them with all the lumps. Could be worth a visit.

• Posted

Hi Emma. It could very well be Non Hodgkin's which is what I have had treatment for. Phone your GP and ask for an emergency appointment, failing that get yourself to A&E at your nearest hospital and they will examine you. And do it now. Keep us up to speed. If it is non Hodgkin's don't panic - it's treatable.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Joy.. I am phoning for an appointment tomorrow in the morning with a new doctor. The trouble is they all seem to just back each other up with what they say. Does the lymph nodes not have to grow for it to be lymphoma? I mean mine may have grown a little but not hugely over this time period. And another one has popped up last week I say I've got about 5 on my left side of neck ranging from under jaw to collar bone all between pea to marble sized. I am getting the doctor to listen to me this this as it'll be the 4th visit in 3 weeks. By different doctors I will post again soon with an update.

Thank you again JOY.

• Posted

Hi Emma. Now's the time to start getting stroppy. If this doctor backs all the others I would either register at another surgery or, like I said before, get yourself to A&E. Take charge, do not be fobbed off. Please keep me up to speed - I'm getting angry on your behalf lol

• Posted

Hi joy, had a telephone app with doctor today and he's booked me in for a full examination of lymph nodes for end of next week. And is going to also proceed for further investigation. Possible biopsy.

• Posted

Hi Emma. Now we're getting somewhere. A biopsy will give you an absolute diagnosis and then you can get on with getting the appropriate treatment. I wish I had a crystal ball so I could offer you reassurance but sadly that's beyond my powers, though my son-in-law does say I'm a witch! (He loves me really). Whatever the results everything is treatable and I am here 24/7 to offer support. Good luck and keep in touch.

• Posted

Hi there Joy, yes doctor said biopsy is a possibility he will decide on appointment what road to go down. But now he's mentioned the word I'm pushing for it !!! It's just the waiting its driving me mad lol, haha oh really.. Thank you once again Joy, that's nice to hear.. I will keep in touch and post when I've had the doctors visit Thank you ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.