Lymph nodes enlarged over a month

Posted , 4 users are following.

hey!

so a few months ago, i had a lump in my leg (turned out not to be a lymph node) but had all the blood tests which indicated i didnt have anything wrong with me and saw a hematologist.

fast forward a couple months and i noticed a swollen marble sized node under my right part of the jaw, it doesnt hurt, is very hard, but moves around if i push it. a left one smaller also appeared along with a very sore throat and tooth pain. after taking a course of anti biotics, the tooth pain and sore throat went away, but after about a month and a half, the lymph node is still there and seems to be about the same size. is this normal? i thought nodes go away in a couple weeks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello matt , I have a lump on the left hand side of my neck ,just under my ear ,which grows and shrinks, Dr said "it was nothing " as they do. So I started lymph drainage .from eyes to temple to neck to clavicle , it does work ,Needs about 5 mins .As long as the gland moves and you can feel it go, ,it's just full of fluid ,that needs moving on .Where was the lump on your leg, and was it warm to touch???

• Posted

I think I may have commented on one of your previous posts already... But I've had swollen lymph nodes in my head/neck for over a year now. They come and go, my doctors think they swell due to acne flare ups on my face. I have a few swollen in the spot you mentioned. Lymph nodes normally do go away within a few weeks, but if you have more sensitive nodes (aka reactive lymph nodes) like me, they can stay much longer and swell more often. Don't worry, sounds like it's related to your tooth and/or sore throat and is nothing sinister!

• Posted

Hi!

I see this is your third post on the lymph node topic.You see there are people with the same story as you.Me,Philly and some other users all have persistent lymph nodes that cause no harm.Mine didnt go away after AB too.The type of lymphoma-follicular that is slow growing is very rare (if you are under 60...duh).If that does not comfort you,speak with your GP about a biopsy or a scan.Since the node is not growing it is not really recommended to do these things(even though internet says you should),because both methods cause some level of harm.Try your best not to think about that.Touching the nodes every week can even make them larger.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.