Lymph nodes from chest x-ray

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, for a weeks I have had this chesty cough, when I first went to my gp she said it was just a chest infection and gave me antibiotics, after 2 weeks it was still their, chesty cough and a slight shortness or breath. I went back and he gave me stronger antibiotics and sent me for a chest xray. 12 days later I get my results (today) and it shows I have swollen lymph nodes. I examined my armpit, my chest and my pubic region but couldn't find anything or any nodes poking through the skin. I had some blood tests done their and then, and he also wants to send me for a ct scan. Question is, should I be worried? I don't really worry about anything and I very rarely go to the docs, if I have a chest infection or a cold I let it do its thing, but at the moment I'm not guna lie, I'm pretty dam scared of what the ct scan could show. Thanks for taking your time to read this

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I ment he the gp examined my armpit, my chest, pubic region and my neck too
  • Posted

CT scan would tell you if anything, not sure how the chest x-ray showed swollen lymph nodes. 
    • Posted

Maybe not swollen. May have just said their was abnormalities their with the lymph nodes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.