Lymph nodes-groin

Posted , 10 users are following.

Has anyone else experienced inflamed paintful lymph nodes in thee groin area while dealing with LS?

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Micheala, I haven't suffered with this symptom myself, but just wanted to say I hope it's not too uncomfortable for you.  Diann
  • Posted

Micheala, I would go and get the doc to check it out for sure.You know the risks with LS.  Might not be connected with the LS, but might, and if so then the sooner you go the better.  Why wait and worry when you can do it now. xx
  • Posted

No experience in this, but suggest to have it quickly checked out, Micheala.  
  • Posted

I agree you should see the doctor. Are you sure it's lymph nodes? Boils/cysts in the groin are one of the 'benefits' LS has shared with me. It's bad skin we have. A wayward hair can poke the skin and trigger an infection. Twelve years ago I had a lump among my pubes and agonized for days about having cancer. I went to my gynae and it was just a cyst. No diagnosis of LS, thanks very much, though. Eleven years later someone finally diagnosed me.
  • Posted

normally an indication of an infection in the area- could be bowel bladder uterus  etc etc Off to the doctor to get it checked out - you may need to give a urine sample - if you get pain in your back  make the apt. sooner than later - it could be kidney and THAT is uncomfortable!

Do you have other pain anywhere?

Good Luck

• Posted

Hi Michaela

I have had sharp stabbing pain in the groin area this week. I was on a long walk in a glorious French forest, looking for mushrooms!  I literally could not walk for a while and had to contine very, very slowly back to the car.  I decided it was a stitch and managed to put it out of my mind until yesterday, when I had pain again after a long bout of standing up ironing!  Have decided to see my gp when I return, as I read that it can be related to LS or kidneys!  Let me know how you get on please.  Wen

• Posted

Much more likely to be hip related - Do you have any arthritis? Or there is a condition called bursitis that is self limitimg - steroid injections can take the pain away  if it is that - 

If the kidneys were involved the pain would much more likely be in your loin / back. Is your urine infected? Hope it goes soon cos it is another THING to  have to get sorted ...What fun getting older is!

Take care

Sue

• Posted

If it is bursitis as Sue suggested, then matters get worse with being inactive.  I had an arm that way.  The best thing for bursitis is to keep moving.  I started to avoid using the arm, which was the wrong thing to do. Then I fall out of a tree, while pruning and standing on a ladder.  Held the tree with my sore arm, the arm got twisted, very painful, The arm came 'loose' from being stuck by the bursitis. The arm healed fast and the bursitis has not come back since.  (I don't mean you have to do crazy things like falling out of a tree)(ha, ha)  But first better see a doctor.  All of us here can only talk of personal experiences.
  • Posted

I have had that but it was before I had Lichen Sclerosis..it's normally when you're run down
  • Posted

Hi Micheala,

I currently have the same symptoms and was wondering if you could figure out what it was?

My GP doesn't seem to think it is important.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.