Lymph nodes in head/neck - health anxiety!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had 4 swollen lymph nodes appear in 4 months, 2 behind my left ear, 1 on back of my right neck, one under my right chin. I had an MRI done on the first bump behind my ear, and I have seen my reg Dr, ENT and dermo - they all think it is skin related (my bad dandruff or acne causing the nodes to swell).

I've had severe health anxiety since I found the first bump 4 months ago. I go on google (which i kno is bad) and worry that I have lymphoma or something. I know ppl who have been misdiagnosed b4, one with a serious disease, so I don't trust doctors =( I'm trying to remind myself that all my nodes are small and I don't have any other concerning symptoms like fever, night sweats or weight loss. But it's so hard to relax when a new swollen node keeps popping up every few weeks!

My acne and dandruff has been far worse in the past and nothing ever swelled, so I guess I just don't get why they would all be swelling now from that if my acne isn't even that bad right now?? I've seen others online asking about anxiety and if it can cause your lymph nodes to swell. I don't see much info on it online, but I'm curious of maybe my severe stress IS causing the nodes to keep popping up?

I need reassurance, my fam and fiance keep telling me to stop worrying and trust the doctors. But it's so hard to keep calm when I already have health anxiety and when the lumps aren't going away.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sounds similar to me mine started out with one and now more! Family tell me to stop googling 🤣

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.