Lymph nodes in neck and groin have been swollen for seven months.

Posted , 2 users are following.

If worth noting, I am a 23 year old male, 5'8 and around 130Ib. Two months ago an ultrasound on my neck and ct scan of my abdomen were performed.

The ct scan showed no abnormalities while the ultrasound revealed the lymph node in my neck to be 2.3cm which did not seem to concern my docyor.

At this time, I was having considerable pain in my neck and groin and while the pain has somewhat diminshed, it has been seven months and I still have no real answers.

Being diagnosed with clinical depression, bipolar and panic disorder has made this a much more difficult time than it should be and I have not able to find any solace.

If anyone could offer insight, encouragement or share similar experiences it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've had multiple swollen lymph nodes on my head/neck area for 5+ months now. They get smaller and then swell up again from time to time but never go away fully. I saw my reg Dr, ENT, dermo and now an oncologist a week ago. All of them seem to think its skin related (my acne or scalp dermatitis causing them to swell up). I also suffer from anxiety and panic disorder, so this def has been effecting me a lot and causing a lot of stress. My swollen nodes are all small, 1cm area, but being that I have about 6 swollen right now I was really freaking out. I find it so weird that something as minuscule as acne could cause them to swell all of a sudden, but that's what every single doctor I have seen has told me, so I guess I just need to trust their judgement (unfortunately lol). From what they all told me, if you have no other symptoms then it is not worrisome. According to my Drs, a red flag would be if you had a persistent fever for no reason, persistent night sweats, and/or rapid weight loss. If you have none of these I wouldn't worry. I know it's hard not to, but as long as you keep on top of it and go to dr to have it checked, you've done all you can! And keep in mind that lymph nodes can swell for a LOT of reasons, it is not always an obvious illness like cold or flu causing them to swell. Look at me - some acne making them all pop up! lol Crazy.

• Posted

Thank you very much for your reply. It really is an annoying occurrence and it seems to be rather common. Although, most of the time, the swelling typically goes down after about a month.

I suffer from dry skin as well and the first doctor that was consulted pointed to this as the cause. Acne isn't really a problem but my scalp is difficult to take care of. Natural soaps and shampoos have yielded some improvement in the last month. Diet could play a large role in this as well.

Thanks again for the reply. I hope this worrisome issue clears up soon for you.

• Posted

Same, I have some acne (which isn't horribe but it's definitely there). And then I also have dry scalp/dandruff and I get dermatitis occasionally on my head/scalp where it gets red and itchy. I'm hoping that is what is making the nodes swell as my Dr suggests, but it just sucks that I have to keep doing the wait and see game. Perhaps yours could also be from the dry skin though too, at least you don't have 6 swollen! haha I hope you figure out yours as well and are able to relax soon! After going on this site it does seem to be a very common issue, a lot more common than I originally realized. So that def helps a bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.