Lymph or salivary gland swelling

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been suffering from pain and swelling in my chin, jaw and cheek areas for about 3 years now. To explain it, it feels like my teeth, chin and cheeks are in a vise grip from all directions.  Now for the past 6-8 months  I am noticing that I have swelling and tenderness as well.  I have been to neurologists, dentists, orthodontists, Maxillofacial surgeons, had had my teeth/bite occlussions adjusted, etc.  I begged for another referral to a maxillofacial surgeon as I am thinking it is my salivary glands or lymph nodes in my face and neck.  I am scheduled to see a doctor on Feb 1, and I am hoping he will listen and take action instead of wanting to prescribe me drugs.  I refuse to take any RX as it is just a "bandaide".  I want to know the root cause of this pain, swelling and discomfort.  I really notice the discomfort and pain about 20 minutes after I eat in the morning then it gets worse through the day.  Strange thing is, I wake in the morning with NO pain or discomfort.    How can I tell my doctor to believe me and to order the tests for my lymph nodes and salivary glands?  I just want a doctor to specialize in their practice and not just generalize and prescribe RX's.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I and stuggling to eat as have same problem, is under ur tongue swollen x
    • Posted

I am not swollen under my tongue. No trouble eating. Pain in my glands is about 15 minutes after I eat or brush my teeth. It then lasts for hours.
  • Posted

I've had the exact same thing for about 4 months, I have a submental gland slight reactive at 1.5 cm , still trying to find out what it is, I have a follow and already had an ultrasound, I think a ct scan is next , I'm really anxious and depressed because of this, I have cheek swelling but just slightly, and my jawline Nd. Him also swell, mostly when I eat I feel a throbbing sensation then it goes away after 2 hours , I also wake up with my neck stiff and sore,  they thought I had a salivary gland infection, took 7 days of erythromycin did nothing, really wish I knew what this is 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.