Lymphocytosis, should I be worried?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I got these results from my blood test two weeks ago and I had lymphocytosis (I had also neutropenia and eosinophilia, for which I got a partly reassuring explanation), that means I have too many lymphocytes in my blood. My doctor said it is normal if the rates get higher from time to time but nothing more specific and told me to do another blood test in 2 weeks, which is tomorrow. I searched about this and I saw that lymphocytosis in adults can mean lymphatic cancer or chronic leukaemia, but still is highly impossible. I also read that if the lymphocyte rate remains high after 4 weeks then something is wrong, I didn't understand it completely. So if my lymphocyte rate is the same now after 2 weeks, what should I be afraid of?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

What took you to your GP / Doctor in the first place to inspire the ordering of these Blood tests question smile
    • Posted

I actually had these tests for something completely unrelated, and that came up! neutral
    • Posted

If you don't mind me asking, what was this completely unrelated thing question smile
    • Posted

I mean, what may seem unrelated could explain your Blood test finding in a moment smile
    • Posted

So, I've been having some abdominal pain and nausea, went to my doctor and he said I should do an ultrasonography and a blood test just to check things as he knows my blood sugar and cholesterine have been high in the past few years. Now everything else is okay, except the lymphocytes.
    • Posted

I realise that you may feel a bit off colour but you haven't mentioned anything to make me think that you should be very worried, to be honest I'm thinking it's the result of a bit of a virus you had a month or two ago,, certainly nothing sinister smile
    • Posted

Yes, maybe that's the case. I got my second blood test results back, the Lymphocytes rate has gone from 49% to 44,5% and the "normal" rate is 29-39%. But the microbiologist told me the "normal" rates differ from person to person. biggrin I am now still facing nausea after meals, with a past 5-day constipation and some abominal pain here and there, nothing extremely painful though. Maybe it's psychosomatic because I have exams in 2 days and I am feeling extremely anxious. I am going to my doctor on monday, maybe he'll figure out what's going on biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.