Lymphoedema (Scrotum)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hiya smile I don't seem to be having much luck lately lol redface

Currently my Scrotum and associated Skin are the size of a small melon, it's now become beyond self caring neutral So I'm heading to Accident and Emergency in a hour or two, wish me luck smile

Love ya x 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

good luck fingers crossed for you.let us know how you got on.

• Posted

Thanks smile

Well I'm back and, um, basically the visit wasn't very helpful, I mean well I got some Antibiotics for my new 'Hydrocele' (no it's not it's Oedema) and that's it, wait until Tuesday and get my GP to arrange an Ultrasound and ...

I asked if they'd at least Catheterise me to help with Toilet problems (as my Willy is buried), got a no (as it would possibly cause more problems (worse than having Willy / Knackers at least the size of a large Grapefruit / small Melon getting dipped into an unsanitary toilet bowl?)) ... So they suggested using a 'Bottle' and yeah that's workable, I just cut a Rectangle out and yeah it goes where it should rather than random everywhere smile

I also asked for a 'Sling' lol redface and got a no, I can just buy a support from a Pharmacy, like £30 or sumink rolleyes

So using my A-Team skills I've just spent 20 minutes making a 'Sling' from a new sock, zip ties and a belt I had lying around, it's not great but it's better than nothing smile

So yeah Coronary Heart Disease, Diabetic (T2) and I've got nothing to worry about from my new stinky friend cheesygrin Apparently neutral

I can attach a (Censored) photo of my doo-dah if anyone is interested, yep it's very 'Hydrocele' cheesygrin Nah it's horrible to be honest neutral

• Posted

So I suppose I'd better provide a timeline for my current contition smile

24/4 : Woke with a very minor male type 'sat on / twisted / knocked a nut' pain, shrugged it off. What male hasn't felt like a nut's been tweaked sometime question

24,25,26/4 : No pain. Imperceptible / minimal changes smile

26/4 : My Scrotum had changed enough to make me think something is up but not alarmingly so, considering visiting my GP but don't want to be a pain cheesygrin

27/4 : No pain. My Scrotum is noticeably larger, I'm now thinking yes I'll visit my GP Monday (1/5) because something isn't right at all, Scrotum about the size of a standard'ish Orange, some pain when standing / moving about neutral

28/4 : Scrotum is now what I'd consider huge, Testes are normal size and cause classic pain when squeezed, colour of whole package ranges from very dark grey'ish Purple to bright Red, mostly shades of Red. Numbness is now noticable, most of Scrotum / Foreskin is completely numb. Except for the size, colour changes and numbess everything seems fine, well I mean nothings turnining black, drying up and dropping off, so (despite sometimes alarming colour changes) no full Ischaemia lol

29/4 : Morning. No obvious changes, maybe a bit larger (I should have been measuring but I had no tape measure sooo). Early evening. Penis vanished but the Glans was still revealable so I could still Urinate fine (if just a little all over the place) lol redface

30/4 : Woke up and soon became mortified. Penis completely and unrecoverably gone, Foreskin just sitting there like a puffy Cauliflower Floret, no way to reach Glans, Urinating was, um, you don't want to know redface Scrotum had grown again, obviously not like the 10 Stone Testicles but ... I decided it was f*ck waiting to see GP it's A&E time for me exclaim neutral

After some I.V. Antibiotics and 4 x Co-amoxiclav, there's been some reduction but I can't quantify it, um, well my Cauliflower Floret Foreskin is smaller neutral So yeah I'm seeing my GP in the morning, hope he can help smile 

• Posted

Going for an Ultrasound on 11/4, my condition has much improved however I fear that I've experienced some substantial nerve damage,, like numbness all over 80% of the area and the - for want of a better term - effective loss of my Penis neutral

• Posted

Oh redface I mean't 11/5 smile

• Posted

So long time no reply / update redface

Well it turns out that my Testes aren't very well, my right Testicle has developed a Cyst and a Hydrocele (but is apparently otherwise normal) and the left Testicle has developed a Cyst and an 'abnormal mass', the Consultant mentioned that it looks like the remains / scar material of an Abcess, I think I'm going to have to have the Testicle removed due to the risk that it could develop into 'C'. Feeling to the area has returned somewhat but to be honest I wish it hadn't, I only feel two things, either low grade pain or nothing at all, I think the nerves are still recovering, it's not terrible but it's not great either.

So that's a potted update, I'll answer questions if anyone has one / any smile

• Posted

Also rolleyes

I have since had a bout of Kidney Stones, man what a laugh they were, I was very literally climbing the walls for relief,, ended up at A&E again. Went for a CT Scan the next day, turns out the Stones were a stroke of luck (I know right, lucky agony lol wink, the Scan discovered I had developed an Aortic Aneurysm (only 2.7 cm thank goodness), soooo yeah...

• Posted

Funny thing, re : Kidney Stones,, the Urologist Consultant hand wrote a Prescription, Flomax (Tamsulosin), Co-amoxiclav and Tramadol (yes yay something useful pain relief wise (added Soluble Paracetamol from the medicine cabinet) but anyway ...),, so at about 11 pm I trotted off to the nearest late night Pharmacy, but guess what question

Nope. No guess again. Nay exclaim OK give up question cheesygrin

Well of course, the Prescription was no good, it wasn't formatted correctly rolleyes So there's me feeling putting the Prescription through the hatch and waiting, and a minute later the Pharmacist comes back saying nope eek sad I was like 'huh!?' and then I felt like a complete druggie (re : Tramadol) because the chap was, well I think, making sure the CTV was recording and looking at me in a suspicious manner redface 11 pm + looking bedraggled + Tramadol,, well it's a druggie trying it on with a stolen script init lol redface

Anyway it all worked out for the best the next day, I just binged on some Co-codamol 30/500 overnight and my GP rewrote the Prescription in the proper manner smile

• Posted

Hi Benny, I have had a hydrocel prob for a couple of years now and my scrotum swells up to the size of a small lemon. Thats because i go to the consultant about every 5 months and he sticks a needle in and drains it. he removes about 120mls of water. Its a bit painful as you can imagine as its done without anaesthetic, but its a great relief when its done as i can pee straight. have been told its actually caused by a small tear whicjh allows fluid to build up and that i could have an operation to put it right instead of the needle. Problem is i have COPD and use oxygen and i know if they put me out there is a greater risk i dont come round again. Im told there is an alternative by having an epidural , but as you see everything has risks. At moment i am sticking to the 3 minutes of pain and the embarassment of the nurse and a penis that is smaller than my testicles.
    • Posted

Hiya, thanks for the reply smile

I think the Ultrasound Consultant said mine is only like 2.5 cm or something (not sure if that's all around or ...), so it's not too large, it just makes the Testicle feel generally just a bit larger and squishy. It's good to hear that if it grows someone can just draw the fluid out cool

My other Testicle, well it's a lot smaller and quite hard, I can squeeze it quite firmly (within reason), I can't feel a thing, I think it's knackered neutral

Yeah the 'willy thing', I think mine's in heaven now too lol redface

Well I have a few appointments coming up quite soon (obviously there's no rush, typical NHS glacial time scales), I'm seeing some Consultant at The Edgbaston Hospital on the 20th September re : Testicles, and Heartlands Hospital on the 11th October re : Kidney Stones,, sooo yeah cheesygrin

Take care everyone smile

• Posted

Hi Benny, Thanks for your reply and good luck for your next 2 appointments. I see my consultant on 21st september when hopefully he will carry out a new mini-op. Not really  looking forward to it, but when its all over it will be " a weight off my mind " so to speak.  arty

• Posted

This may hurt,, just a sharp scratch cheesygrin All the best smile
  • Posted

Male Testosterone

Testosterone 5.9 nmol/L, Normal Range 8.3 - 30.2

SHBG 21 nmol/L, Normal Range 14 - 71

Oh great I've got the Testosterone levels of an 85 year old rolleyes The finding explains a lot though smile

I had another infection in the left doodah a few weeks ago, I felt really really ill neutral

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.