LYMPHOMA ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Since Nov2013 I have been unwell. I remember in the beginning chest tightness, massive levels of fatigue and penetrating stiffness in both legs. I am still unwell Apr2014. Out of work, life falling apart basically, relationships strained. I am not as symptomatic but reallyt struggling, BUT I do fear I may have a form of lymphoma. The fatigue over my body is still very noticeable, prior to all this I was an endurance athlete and felt amazing. I cannot even force myself to train in any way my body just shits me down. I am looking for people that had lymphoma to tell me their symptoms before they got diagnosed and how long did this take. Did you feel like this prior to knwoing ?I did have some night sweats in the beginning but nothing recently. My left groin lymph node is swollen, has been like this for 4 weeks. I also have this real feeling that I am dying, like you just know something is not right, did any other lymphoma patients feel this way that they knew they had cancer ? This is important, I feel like there is not a lot of life in my body, and that mainly my heart is barely beating, the heart being the source of life in my view this is quite a worry for me, it's as if it's being suffocated. My emotions are almost non existent, I find it hard to laugh and find joy in the things I once did. I hope someone can shed some light on my problems. I also had poor circulation in hands and feel although it is not as bad. Thank you so much for reading and replying.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I should say i have several lymph nodes in my left groin swollen, small and rubber like by touch, tender. I have had a chest x-ray which was all clear. I have been diaagnosed with post viral fatigue but am concerned it maybe wrong.
  • Posted

David, there is definitely something wrong with your health. It is very important that you see your doctor. It may not be anything serious, but you need blood tests, maybe even an MRI to see what's going on. Why don't you see your doctor. If he hasn't done any tests, you need them. A blood test will determine if you have cancer or any other illness. Please let me know if you have done this.

Harris22

• Posted

Oh, sorry, David,  I didn;t see that you have been diagnosed. You can look it up online and see if your symptoms match Post viral fatigue. The chest pain certainly fits with something viral.

Harris22

• Posted

Thanks. Yes that is my diagnosis, all the tests ran so far show lowich neutrophils 1.7 and total WBC 3.6 sometimes it normalises but often it' below par. Platelets the same from 130 -170. The chest pain and tightness in the beginning was something i had never had before. Many of the problems are no longer with me other than the fatigue, like you havebeen severely beat up. I hope in time with appropriate rest and nutrition i can fully recover. I'm still extremely fragile and energy is used sparingly.
    • Posted

Hi david, you mention chest pain and tightness. I had the sme thing for months, and thought it was my heart. It wasn't. Had that checked. I finally discovered, I had some kind of sinus infection. Antibiotics would probably help more, but I am on sinus meds, and cough syrup, recommended by pharmacist. The chest pain was gone shortly after using these. I believe it was in my lungs.I still have stuffy nose, will continue with present meds. Believe your Doctor was right. It was probably viral. Keep trying, I will say a prayer for you!

Harris22

• Posted

Thanks. I feel ONLY a miracle can save me from this nightmare !!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.