Lymphoma ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there.

I've got around 6 swollen lymph nodes in my neck/head area. I've also Been having hard stools for 2 months and stomach pain and I feel weak sometimes as well.

I'm currently going through puberty, I'm 16 and a bit of a late developer. I used to have bad stomach cramps and diarrhea when I was younger so could this be linked to what I'm experiencing now. Could puberty cause lymph nodes to swell? Could it be crohns or Celiac as that can cause late puberty?

I haven't lost weight or lost my appetite but I can't think what would cause these glands to swell other than lymphoma?

I'm just worrying about the swollen glands because I haven't had a diagnosis yet. I have an ultrasound in 2 weeks for my abdomen as my doctor wants to reassure me there's no lymphoma. And I had a celiac blood test last week and I'm waiting for the results.

Does this sound like lymphoma or am I worrying? .

Thanks for any comments guys ??

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, take a deep breath as the results always take time for labs to process testing. 

Let s hope Pray that tests come back clean! 

Try try to keep a journal of foods you eat. Stay with clean fresh fruits and veggies. 

Hopexxx

• Posted

Hi 6hope4cure.

I'm just worrying excessively because I haven't had a diagnosis, because I haven't I think that it could Be the worst possible outcome! X

• Posted

Ok glad to hear that. When you get a diagnosis and then you have information to help . Sometimes it's the not knowing.

Information is power, information doesn't always translate into knowledge but at least you have the basic facts in front of you. Once a diagnosis is complete. It is important to be aware of all the treatments available . I'm sure you'll be fine after you see a doc.xxxxx

• Posted

I have like 6 or more swollen lymph nodes in my neck for over 3 years without symphtoms. Now I'm performing a few tests since doctors told me a lot of times it wasn't something bad. But I didn't trust him and now I began the tests.

About your problems, you are veeery young. There are a lot of stuff that can enlarge your lymph nodes and it's most of times something benign. Anyway even if it's lymphoma you will be fine since you found it very quickly, you shouldn't be worried about the most curable cancer. See I still don't have my diagnosis and I'm not afraid, because even if they'd tell me I have cancer I'll be able to fight it, now I'm not doing anything and maybe something inside me is growing but still we are both young, I'm 23.

Also let me tell you that the probability of having lymphoma is like 0.0..... well something close to 0. It may be something else :P

I'm not a doctor but I know how you feel because I'm suffering anxiety but we will both be fine ^^.

• Posted

i have swollen lymph nodes in my thigh from metal poisoning. Due to metal on metal hip joint. Blood tests show high cobalt levels from the metal fretting in tissue around the metal causing swelling in the lumpy nodes. Will have the implant removes soon and the level of cobalt is expected to go down. 

These re issues do create a lot of anxiety yet not much Imcan do about it until it's removed it's a wait and see sort of thing. Xxxx

• Posted

Hi there. Think it could be an abdominal problem as I had it when I was a kid

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.