Lymphoma??? Please help!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I am worried about having Lymphoma because a couple of some symptoms are showing. BTW, I am 15 y/o and during my yearly check-up my doctor told me that at my age having swollen lymph nodes are fairly common. Also, when the second condition came up, I was 12 y/o and had gotten the flu. Since then I have gotten 2 colds but nothing else since the flu.

First of all, the first thing I realized is 2 swollen lymph nodes under my chin (I think Submandibular). It is on both sides of my neck, do not hurt, not hard and move some if I touch it. They have been around for about 2 or so months and IDK why.

Second, I have a condition called Cold Hives. It is a condition when hives form on the skin after cold exposure, whether to cold air or water. My case isn't severe so if I am in cold water or freezing temps, I am gonna be fine, but maybe get hives anyway. I have heard from google that Cold Hives can be a very rare manifestation of Lymphoma so that got me worrying too. I don't believe that my condition is gluten related but it may be and I know it is not inherited. 

Also my family does not have a history of Lymphoma and I am pretty young so odds are that I do not have Lymphoma but it is always good to make sure.

If anyway has any insight on this before I see a doctor I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Google will always say cancer, because all the answers on Google are just basic plots of information that give you basic answers that only lead to people freaking out. When you search up swollen lymph nodes on Google it will always come up with basic answer that will always say you either have an infection or cancer. But Google is not a doctor, so don't diagnose yourself based on what Google says.

Now I'm not a doctor but I will tell you something Google won't. People just randomly have palpable lymph nodes that they can have for months and even years with no explanation and doesn't always point to a serious underlying condition. Cancerous lymph nodes for majority of the time increase in size, sometimes it takes day and sometimes it takes months, but if your lymph nodes are under 1-2 cm in diameter then you are probably fine. Also if you've had lymphoma for a while you would most likely experience B symptoms such as drenching night sweats, drastic weight loss, swollen abdomen, fever ect. 

Lymphoma is also a incredibly rare cancer that mostly occurs in older people, however anyone of any age can get it. But I really doubt you have lymphoma, but if you are concerned see a doctor because I am some random guy of the internet and can only use my common knowledge to give you an answer. BUT STOP GOING ON GOOGLE FOR ANSWERS, because it is not reliable. 

Now I do not know much about Cold Hives, however I have never hear of any link between lymphoma and hives. But that is a question for your doctor, but I would be suspicious of where you got that info about the link between hives and lymphoma from. 

Good luck. 

• Posted

Was going to say the same thing lol

I have multiple swollen lymph nodes for months now and not sure why. I saw my reg Dr, ENT, dermo and an oncologist lol (i wanted a variety of opinions) - and they all think mine are swollen from some bad acne I had on my face lately. Weird.

Basically what I learned from all of them ^ the only red flag with swollen lymph nodes is size. Pea size is completely normal, if it gets to be the size of a golf ball then you need to be concerned. If you see a Dr and they don't seem worried then just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get bigger. And stop googling!

• Posted

That is interesting, as for the past few years I have had bad face acne. Fortunately it is going away now, but I wonder if that is the cause of my persistent lymph nodes. My nodes that are palpable range from smaller than a pea size to the biggest only being around pea size, so fingers cross I am ok. 
  • Posted

Hi just thought i would pop up myself i am 20 years old and 3-4 months ago i had a very bad infection i always spit up phelgm anyways just to be clear but i myself also researched google and was thinking lymphoma i have a swollen inside lump on the back of my neck on the right side its bugging me cause its been there for a while and i went to my doctor and he said just forget about it do not even touch it , its painless and moves and i myself feel like it gets bigger i have a ENT meeting next month and am kinda worried of it till then my anxiety gets really bad to the point where i cant enjoy time with my 3month old son and im pregnant again so my head leaves me thinking i have lymphoma 😩😩 dont no what to say about my anxiety its just weird but i am pregnant so hormouns are all over the place does anyone here have advice since we are on the topic ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.