Lymphoma? TERRIFIED

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I am 19 years old turning 20 on Friday. I’ve been having symptoms for the past few years that I cannot seem to pinpoint and now it is pointing to lymphoma and I am really scared.

About 3-4 years ago I noticed a swollen lymph node in my neck on the right side. It’s the size of a small grape but I can move it, but it feels sort of hard. I was told by my doctor to ignore it so I did.

Then last year I started having severe lower right abdominal pain so I went to the ER and they did a CT scan without contrast that found swollen lymph nodes in my abdomen and an enlarged spleen that measured 14.3 cm in longest dimension. My WBC was high then but no other abnormalities in my blood. I have had several ultrasounds since then of abdomen, some showing upper normal spleen size, some showing normal spleen.

Then about 5 months ago I started having back pain and upper abdominal pain with greasy floating stool so my doctor ordered another CT scan - this time with contrast - and it showed swollen lymph nodes in my abdomen again - largest was 0.8 x 1.5 x 1.8 cm and they are primarily in my right lower abdomen - and my spleen is enlarged again, this time 15 cm in longest dimension. They also found a 5mm x 5 mm nodule in my right lung in lower lobe. The last CBC I did in late January showed a normal WBC and upper normal RBC, but everything else looked fine. Could my spleen have been enlarged this ENTIRE time? Does this sound like lymphoma to you? I’m so scared, could it have spread to my lung? Would love to hear stories/reassurance/opinions from you guys as I’m freaking out here.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

A few other things:

I have felt sort of tired lately, but not too bad.

No fever, night sweats, or weight loss. Tough to gain weight though and I am eating a lot.

Nausea in the morning (also loss of appetite in the morning)

Back pain not as bad since I have been going to the chiropractor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.