Lyphoma- health anxiety taking over

Posted , 3 users are following.

have posted on here before about my health anxiety , and it is really bad again . Last week after a night out I notched a small painful lump in my armpit (found it the next morning )so straight away I liked it to drinking and lyphoma. I had an appointment with a nurse about my pill check up so I showed it to her . She informed me it was a cyst (and the next day I came on my period ). It didn't improve so I went doctors yesterday and he again told me it was a cyst. It is about the size of a pea if not smaller . I have woken up this morning and weighed myself to see I have lost weight without trying ( about 3lb) . I understand you can be lighter in the morning (I usually weight myself in the evening . But now i am freaking out about lyphoma again . I have had to lots of bloods come back in the last month which have all been fine except liver function due to possible fatty liver which I'm going for a scan for .

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi KM1990,

I can certainly understand your anxiety. I have about 7 swollen lymphnodes with pain in my left armpit. however, I think the pain is from the surrounding tissue and not exactly the nodes. the largest is 3cm! confirmed on Ultrasound. With that said after multiple Ultrasounds and a CT the docs consider them benign. I of course do not believe they are so I will be pushing for a FNA biopsy at least. the point of all of that is to show some of what i have done. Have you had any scans? it is not uncommon to develop cysts in the anxilla, especially women.

Also weight fluctuates within a few pounds day by day, I think you would see much more significant weight loss if it was caused by a cancer. Alcohol causes pain in lymph nodes in lymphoma, but it does not occur in a lymphomas. was it pain you felt after drinking or just noticed them swollen the next day?

• Posted

thank you for your reply , i did not have any pain when drinking alcohol it was only the next morning i noticed the lump . im sure it is probably my anxiety taking over and Google males me 100x worse

i have drank alcohol since as well and there was no pain then either .

i had a snall lump last month as well which went awwy. im hoping it is just due to hormoes and period etc 😦

• Posted

I hear hormones can do that! Also, we have shotty nodes.. basically you can feel them but nothing is wrong. They were once swollen due to an infection and are just a little bigger forever.

• Posted

It sounds like a normal lump that will go away over time. If it comes and goes then its nothing serious. Look after your health and trust in your doctors. Everything you said in your message sounds normal to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.