Lyrica, cymbalta, and tramdol and still pain.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does everyone still have pain even after taking medications for pain?  I’m a 51 year old male that’s in decent shape. My Dr. is giving me these meds but sometimes I’m in terrible pains. The worst pains are in my legs that run into my feet and pain that comes from my neck and runs over my shoulder and down to my hand. Sometimes the pains are dull and sometimes they are like a jolt that feels hot or burning. I have these stinging pains in my feet and toes also. I think I’m losing my mind. I can’t think straight and there seems to be a ringing in my ears.  The pain is so bad sometimes that it crippled me where I can’t walk or walk bent over. I’ve worked my job for 26 years and have never had to many problems. I’ve had to stay home the last three days because of the crippling pain. I don’t know how much I can take.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I hear you Darryl, I have the same problems except I had to come out on disability. I never hardly ever sleep so I'm exhausted all the time. I take more powerful pain meds than you. They don't take the pain away completely but they do take the edge off. I have 5 bad disc in my neck. 3 are degenerated and 2 have arthritis on them. The pain run down both arms, down the spine, across the upper back, etc. I just found out recently that I have extra bones one on each side of my neck which I believe is the main culprit. Lord knows it's horrible so yes I feel your pain. Whenever the barometric pressure changes in the air it makes for some surefire pain. I hope you feel better.

• Posted

None of the pain meds you mention helped me.  In fact they caused weight gain, nervousness, and dizziness

I hate it but I take percocet and that so far works as long as I take every four to six hours.  Some days I can operate fine with the use of percocet.  Other days even with the help of percocet I have no choice but take to the bed or my easy chair in the living room.  FMS is mean, unpredictable and differs from one patient to the other.  I can't describe my pain either as it differs from one day to the next.  One day it may be dull and tiring, next day it can be burning and yet with sharp pain from time to time.  The pain is crippling and yet no one can understand because our personality types are Type A, meaning we want to keep going and get the job done even when we feel we can't take another step.  FMS may be accepted more by physicians now but those few FMS patients that take to their bed and no longer try to contribute to the lives of their families, give us a bad name. I hurt at least a 9 many days at a time but I try with all my might to keep going.  Then finally perhaps I'll give in and when I do my family thinks its all a cope out; that I don't want to do something so I've chosen that particular day to take it easy.

FMS is physically and emotionally destructive.  It destroys relationships.  It is impossible to explain.  

• Posted

Hi Darryl 

Yes I’m on the max of Lyrica and am now being weaned off because it doesn’t work. Took tramadol a long time ago didn’t work,cymbalta I’m allergic to. It will take a month to wean me off and then I also take Effexor that will be next to wean off. I saw my fibro dr and she said there are stronger meds for pain and

As soon as I’m weaned She is going to try them. But yes may 2016 I had to stop working because of the pain. It affects my everyday life. I know how you feel. I’m in pain 24hrs a day  and some days like today I felt like I was going out of my mind I hurt so bad. I’ve tried soooooo many things but it’s not working. I have a severe case of fibromyalgia So I know how you feel. When I find out the meds I will post. Very big hugs 🤗 to you. 

• Posted

I've had it for 12 years with last 5 years being severe and bedridden for the past 8 months. My pain is deep and dull but entire skeletal system is chronically always tense and tight with excruciating fatigue and heightened anxiety and agitation.

None of the pain meds have worked on me as the brain cannot process it.

Sertraline has enhanced the symptons and i have tinnitus too so in short we're all sailing in the same boat. I also sweat like crazy in my hands and feet and feel imbalanced when i stand.

I'm on sertraline 100mg and know it is slow to work on the right dosage.

Today i tried acupressure on my hand and feet and felt instant relief.

I got it from amazon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.