Lyrica Pregabalin 75mg Twice a Day Feel So Bad

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi There, 

I am a newbie here but I am hoping someone can give me some advice.  I have suffered major general anxiety disorder for the past 5 years.  I have had to leave 2 jobs because of it.  I have tried multiple SSRI without much success, I am currently on Sertraline 200mg a day.   Anyway after going through all the NHS hoops I have finally got a really good psychiatrist who has been wonderful.  So far we have tried Quetiapine (which I didn't like) Promethazine (which done nothing at all).  I have now been prescribed Lyrica 75mg to take twice a day, which I asked to try after reading glowing reviews on drugs.com and how it helps with anxiety.  It sounded like the holy grail of anxiety treatment.   I have only managed to take 3 doses of this medicaiton as the side effects have hit me from the first capsule.  I felt totally dizzy and lightheaded.  Couldn't walk straight, the room was spinning.   Feel sick and really not right.  I haven't taken any dose today as I really couldn't take these side effects.  I ended up going back to my GP today and he said maybe the dosage is too high for me.  So he has now prescribed me 25mg twice a day.  I am really not sure if Lyrica is the right medicaiton for me and I am scared to start the new dosage as the initial side effects were so bad. Has anybody else who suffers from GAD tried this drug and has it improved their condition?

Many thanks for reading. 

Mark  

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mark. This drug did nothing for me until I hit the max dose of 600mg a day. Now I find my anxiety is much better. Of course not everyone is the same, but I'd reccomend trying to stick with it to see if it can help you.

• Posted

I tried it would not say it helped massively it took a slight edge off my anxiety loads of really nasty side effects and now I am stuck on it... Read my post. I would if I were you do your research on this drug I wish I had and I wouldn't have gone within a mile of this stuff! Good luck on your journey anxiety is the worst.

• Posted

Hi.  I take 75g,  one morning then evening.  I started on a low dose,  then I was put up to the 150mg.  I didn't have any side effects on the 100mg,  but I feel sickly with this.  Getting to the point where it's making me not want to eat,  and have to force myself.  I think this might be too high a dose for me too.

• Posted

I was put on 75mg twice a day to begin then they increased the dose and after a while i stopped taking it because it made me quite ill and was no longer doing what it was prescribed for. The doctor told me if i "wasn't getting any side effects from it then i wasn't taking enough" and tried to get me to gradually increase to six pills twice a day, which he said was still a low dose.

I refused to re-take it because i was still so ill and withdrawing from it.

I studied this drug and found out what it does, what it has done to people, including myself.

Once this "medication" has been used for a bit, the effects and damage are irreversible!

I suggest you read into this med and read forums for it and make your own decision, but my advice is to stop taking it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.