Lyrica side effects

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi.  Well I went on Lyrica 11 days ago, 50mg morning and evening. At first I was fine and thought I had got something that worked, but the side effects have kicked in, unsteady, blurry eyes, feeling sick etc., cure is becoming harder to deal with than the complaint as in TN.  Should I ride it out or stop taking these as they are messing with my head.  I have also tried tegretol and had to stop them also. What do ye think?  Think I might ring GPs today as I can't go to his surgery as I need to stick close to home!  Thank you in advance. Oh yes, if I do stop Lyrica, do I just stop or ween off, thanks again.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jean

I am also on pregabalin. I would rather be dopey than have that horrific pain. You are on a low dose so if you must come off them just drop down to on tablet a day for a week Then 1 every other day Hope this helps

Patricia

• Posted

Hi jean62175

I have been on Lyrica for a few months now.

Started on 300 (YES 300) twice a day..that turned me into a real Zombie

The 150 twice a day, worked but still couldn't stand up straight or walk a straight line

Now on 100 three times a day and 300mg of ox carbamazipine and that about controls it.

The Neurologist is talking surgery to burn the offending nerve where it is damaged but tht makes me nervous.

Good Luck

• Posted

I had the nerve burned I was sedated but remember absolutely nothing so I would have no problem in having it done again. In my case it did not work but in some people it does at the moment my drugs are working so I am OK.
  • Posted

Since last post they have sent me for Lumbar Puncture now. After much discussion with the Experts they have conceded that they have no idea what is the cosue of my problems let alone what is causing them.

Short of a crystal ball it seems to going nowhere. And these people want me to have surgery as well.

When they can tell me what the cause it I will consider it but I have no wish to be a guinea(sp) pig.

Seems the issue is never ending.

• Posted

Jean, I have been on lyrica for 2 1/2 years for pain associated with CES. At first I had nausea almost constant and the pharmacist encouraged me to stick with it and the nausea went away. It is one of the best nerve pain medications out there. I also take duloxatine and the two meds work great for me. I was unable to stand on my legs for more than 5 minutes due to the horrible discomfort. While it is still there it isn't dominating my attention like it did pre medication. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.