Lyrica Withdrawal Help Please

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have managed to get my pregalin down from 600MG a day to 300MG (150 morning & night) and i should that hard enough has anyone come down further an and what would their advice me as i really want off of this - been on 6 years and lowering the past week. Any advice would be soooo much appreciated. Thank you to anyone with some advice. Michelle

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

I pray you are doing well now. I wanted to share my experience of hell. I was given Lyrica five years ago for nerve pain. 50 mg three times a day then 75 mg three times a day. When the dr. mentioned it to me, I was told it was NOT addicting. Well she was wrong, it is. I had side effects in the beginning and was told I needed to stay on it for it to work. The longer I was on it the worse my side effects became. I tried several times to taper off, it just wasn't happening. Then recently I kept waking up from this twitching in my head along with a horrible headache. I knew it was from Lyrica. I was not on anything else, but Lyrica. Gee Lyrica has done so much to me, I gained forty pounds, had horrible brain fog and felt as if I couldn't feel anymore. Not to mention I lost a good job over it. I knew the only way for me was cold turkey, so I did. The withdrawals are horrible. I even tried to take one 75 mg and couldn't keep down, plus that twitching came back. Now its been three weeks so far of pure hell. I wake up at night feeling so ill, short of breath, horrible headaches, nausea, vomiting, night sweats, hot and cold chills. Pain everywhere as if my body is shutting down. This medication ruined me, I have more health issues now then I did before thanks to Lyrica. Please think twice before using this medication, definitely not worth it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.