Lyrica & Your Vision?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I read a post recently on this forum that mentioned a vision connection to Lyrica but blew it off. I just had a wellness exam and my eyes scored not so good,,,,, I am now conciously aware of the issue and wonder if others are experiencing the blurred vison at relatively short distances. I have trouble at about 10 feet with the writing that appears on the TV screen such as the New's Alert's that run across the bottom of the screen or the score of a ball game or the actors names in a movie.  I also of course lose out on the fine details...........Does this condition get better/worse or stay about the same, Would it go away if you switched to another medicine?

Just tell me any and everything

dick

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, have also noticed sudden deterioration of distance vision although it either happens during an attack or when I up my amitriptyline to cope with one . Also have had eyes tested but was not having a tn episode at the time so nothing more than slight alteration to my optical prescription was needed. Although I still find it alarming when my eyesight is as bad with distance lenses as it is without!! I drive for my part time job so its not good lol ! Am actually just about to turn down some work as am having tn episode , and feel exhausted and clumsy etc . Would be dangerous to drive like this. Anybody else out there that has had to take time off work because of this damn thing ?

• Posted

Hi Dick,

I put up a post re blurred vision about two months ago. I checked on the leaflet and it states can cause blurred and double vision. My eye sight wasn't too good at a distance and I had same problems reading subtitles etc. now I'm off the medication I still find its not as good as it should be, even after a two year check up a couple of months ago too. I don't know if it will improve all I know is I was reasonably ok until I started on the tablets. Maybe it takes a while for the meds to leave the system or once it's caused the problem it may not rectify itself. Just a thought so I will have to wait at least another couple of weeks as I've not long ceased the meds.

You could try another tablet but will they be as effective as the ones you are already taking for your TN?

• Posted

Thanks Gloriana,it looks like it is not a common thing based on the lack of responce as alot of folks are taking Lyrica. I see the neuro guy next month so I will continue the meds and ask him at that time.

dick

• Posted

I had same trouble. Couldn't see tv program print on screen. Couldn't read morning paper .Nor could I do puzzles any more.Now I am weaning off can read but can't do puzzles yet. Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.