M.d. And hearing aids

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have had m.d for 16 yrs or so , my ear rings like a teakettle all the time , recently I got a hearing aid for my right ear. The one with m.d. I have been wearing it daily for a week , my question is will this make my ear hurt because I keep having an ear acheĀ 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I also have a hearing aid for my ear with MD.  Mine hurt too, at first, and I went back to the audiologist and told him about the pain.  He said that the mold was the wrong fit, and he made me a custom mold.  I now forget I have it in.  So please go back to your hearing aid doctor and tell them about the pain.  You shouldn't have pain with a hearing aid.  I hear well with my aid and it even helps with the tinnitus.  Good luck.

• Posted

I was given an hearing aid to combat md....it helped but then couldn't stand the other sounds like hair whooshing over it....I read loads of forum's about how to help md and majority seemed to point to diet etc....so for just over a year now all the signs of md have disappeared and I am putting it down to diet and weight loss /weight.... But certainly not getting complacent

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.