M.E believe ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just thinking back to some of the posts I have read tonight, not all of them will catch up more when possible. One of the members of the support group I go to said he got no support from his family for all the year's he had me. In the last few years he has know been told he also has ms. What he finds irritating is that know he feels he is been overrun by his family because he says it's an illness they beleive in. :roll:

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lou ...smile

That's exactly what I was saying in an earlier posting today (can't remember where it was :? ) ...... that ME is [i:d7dc51dd0c]still[/i:d7dc51dd0c] not accepted by certain individuals because there is no definitive diagnostic test to date ...... which is just so unfair and frustrating for the likes of us. :evil:

The funding for research into ME is still totally inadequate, but hopefully a breakthrough will be made very soon, and preferably in our lifetime :roll:

Good luck to the chap in your support group Lou .... hopefully he will now get the help that he so desperately needs .... :?

Hope you are okay yourself LouLou :D

• Posted

That's believable. He might even have had MS all along. But It also stinks.

When my consultant ordered an MRI scan just over a year ago, people were concerned but when it came back all clear they lost interest again, but my problems were still the same.

However MS was once misunderstood and not taken seriously until it was 'proven'. I hope future generations of people with ME have a better acceptance than we seem to have. :roll:

• Posted

There is actually a full page article in the Daily Mail today on ME. It's quite interesting to read but doesn't really tell us anything new sad

But at least we are getting a bit more media coverage at the moment :thepost:

• Posted

i think going to the clinic made me realise just how little the profs actually know about this :shock: reading charles shepherd i got the idea that there was some concrete medical proof, but it really seems that all the evidence from various sources contradicts contradicts itself and nothing is known for sure:roll:

trust us to get this eh? :roll:

what seems fairly obvious, and what my CBT therapist said too, is that probably it is a combination of things happening at once. possibly we have more than one actual illness, what do you think? :hangover: :weird:

anyway, the clinic i went to is focused on what they know to help people rather than why it is happening, but i have to say i find that frustrating. i just wish i knew what was happening in my poor body :bruised:

Trees x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.