Posted , 7 users are following.
27 y/o female here. I have had many problematic symptoms for many years and feel like there must be something wrong to cause them all. I have therefore spent a lot of time researching and initially found Fibromyalgia which covered a lot of my symptoms but I don't have tender areas that are senstive to a light touch and my main problem is not the widespread pain, rather the exhaustion and therefore came to find ME/CFS (not sure which).
I've listed my symptoms below and wonder, in your experience, does it sound likely that this is one of the above mentioned illnesses or maybe something else entirely?
1. Extreme fatigue (noticeable to others) after doing things starting around the age of 13/14 (no definite recollection of a specific illness but had bad food poisoning and gastroenteritis and other similar illnesses as a child, can’t remember specific ages though). Have to leave party’s early, sometimes can’t even go out at all. Nights out are a chore because I’m exhausted after an hour or so. Work is a daily struggle to stay sitting upright at my desk and I sometimes have to lie on floor against a wall to work or lie down in car on lunch break. Sometimes can’t manage to go to get the shopping in. Partner has to do most of the cooking and cleaning because I feel like I need to lie down. Does improve slightly and temporarily with sleep though.
2. Long periods of sleep if allowed (14 hours or so) and very groggy for the whole day if awoken.
3. Struggle to sleep at night time and am easily woken up. If I wake up I struggle to go back to sleep.
4. Need to breath heavily which feels like a result of being so exhausted. This is particularly bad (as is the exhaustion) after eating a big meal. I did have problems with fluctuating blood sugar as a young child and have a father, paternal grandfather and grandmother and aunt with diabetes but have tested my blood sugar recently and it isn’t particularly out of whack (normally between 4 and 6.8). I notice a very sweet taste in my mouth often when I feel really ill after eating though.
5. Lower and upper back and neck stiffness and aches every day. Pain in these areas when stretching.
6. Need to urinate a lot and I don’t drink that much. I have to get up most nights to use toilet.
7. Lose concentration easily. Sometimes my eyes sort of blur over even though I’m not in a daydream and I have to snap myself out of it.
8. Memory problems. Can watch a TV series three times and can’t remember what happened in it. My fiancé can remember the whole thing after watching it once and doesn’t believe I can’t remember as we watch stuff together. I forget straight forward words sometimes and have to describe them (not often enough that anyone else has noticed an ongoing problem though but other have laughed at me when I do it). I sometimes forget what I am talking about halfway through a sentence and don’t know if this is memory or getting distracted.
9. Chest pain on and off on left hand side of chest under breast.
10. Chronic IBS
11. Severe IBS symptoms and tiredness after even small amounts of alcohol (especially red wine).
12. Bad nausea most days. Rarely actually sick but if I’m physically sick I start passing out. I lie down to stop it actually happening but I’ve passed out before so am 100% certain I would pass out otherwise.
13. Headache most days
14. Upper-normal resting heart rate (80-90bpm, normally around 86).
15. Bad distance vision (-1.5)
16. Sometimes eyes start to black out if I stand up fast or always when I get out the bath.
17. Sometimes bouts of dizziness but not that often
18. Shaking in muscles sometimes when they are tired and I am trying to use them or stretch them
19. Restless Legs Syndrome (not every night but struggle to sleep when it does happen and is fairly often).
20. Usually feel cold during the day, especially feet. Overheat at night and have to have window open.
21. Exercise induced asthma
22. Loud music and flashing lights stress me out but aren’t painful
24. Extremely painful periods (to the point where I can’t even think, 10 out of 10 on pain scale, worst pain I’ve ever had).
25. Stiff and painful fingers and hands when doing certain things like using knife and fork, holding heavy boxes, writing.
26. Intolerance to caffeine.
0 likes, 10 replies