M.E / CFS/PVF

Posted , 5 users are following.

Thank you all for speaking to me. I'm very new to this almost 13 wks but I have 3 other autoimmune disorders 2 of which are rare you are all so great, it's such a bewildering frustrating illness that brings out so many emotions so difficult to manage so like a bereavement like losing your old life my friends don't understand some if my family really don't either my husband is my rock after I had to give up work he says you are the important one think about yourself more and don't worry about having to justify yourself to anyone be it friends or family 

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Your husband sounds brilliant - wish there were more with his attitude!! Sadly a lot of people really don't understand at all and just think you're lazy. I tend to distance myself from people who really don't understand as I just find it drains my energy trying to justify myself all the time and spend more time with people who understand my illness and how it effects me.

• Posted

I have got to learn to stand back from people that don't understand to be honest I find it very hurtful yes my husband is fantastic it's my 59 birthday on Monday next week and I was meant to go out for dinner with friends obviously I'd give my right arm to go but even that sitting eating I don't know how I would cope I just don't like letting people down it's another thing I have to cancel I'm finding since this started I'm cancelling everything but have no option 

• Posted

So glad your Husband is a great supporter. When it comes down to it, you are the only person that knows your body and limits. If people can't understand or support when you need to cancel they are not a good friend. You have way too much going on to worry about that. Keep your head up and keep smiling!

• Posted

If someone is a true friend they will understand. I find it exhausting going out at night so just tend to meet friends for lunch or tea and cake in afternoon but I even find that tiring so am not able to do it regularly. Listen to your body and don't try to force yourself you're not able for. I'm sure you can have a nice time with your husband instead. Hope you have a good birthday  when it comes!

• Posted

Yes there are plenty other opputunities to go out yep it's next Monday a lot can happen between then an now can't it it could well be a staying at home on sofa night just as lovely though 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.