M R appeal decision

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, I rang DWP about my MR appeal decision yesterday, I'm happy to say that I have been awarded standard daily, but I did not get Standard mobility. I have been backed dated from September 24th 2017 and been awarded until 2021,

I'm now waiting for the letter through the post. Do I stick or twist?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would stick if you go to appeal you take the risk that you may lose what you've got only you can decide if it's worth the risk.

• Posted

It's your choice what you do. I can tell you that if you did take it to Tribunal and they were thinking of removing your Daily living award they would have to warn you first. This is law and not something i've just made up. They would write to you advicing you what they were planning on doing, this will then give you the chance of canceling the Tribunal. This way you would keep the award you already have. You have nothing to lose by taking it to Tribunal. Are you claiming for a physical or mental disability? Do you have proof of your difficulties?

• Posted

I would stick with what you have got to be honest.

They sent me a letter a couple of days ago saying my DLA was stopping so I have applied for PIP.

When I rang yesterday the lady asked for my postcode 4 times!!! Hope that is not a reflection of how this process is going to be!!

Sarah

• Posted

Like i said Twiglet has nothing to lose by taking to Tribunal. They HAVE to warn a claimant if they plan on taking an award or lowering an existing award. Another thing to remember is 65% of those who appear in person have a decision in their favour. Fight for what you're entitled to i say.

Good luck with the PIP claim. Don't forget to send in as much evidence as possible becayse they very rarely contact anyone for evidence.

• Posted

Hi all, I have just read what I had previously wrote and what I should have said is at the tribunal in April 2016, I was awarded Standard daily living and Standard mobility. having to reapply again this time after asking for a MR, I was not awarded mobility but only standard daily living.

I received my letter last week and it says that I have been awarded until November 2021, I have spoken with my welfare officer and i have decided to except the decision as I don't want go down that route again. 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.